Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy finally showed up today from BC. Really well packed and exactly as advertised. We had some discussion on whether it was a 90 or actually an 801 due to the plugged decomp hole in the cover. Well....it is a 90 with the decomp plugged and the piston is scored as was stated but other than that it's in pretty darn good shape for a large pro saw coming out of the PNW. I just happen to have a great used P&C set I got from DozerDan a few years back.....it's just sitting there all bead blasted and ready to go. Will have to take it down and clean thoroughly and give it a new set of NOS crank seals and I'm sure there are a few other things to attend to bringing it back to running order......but nothing I won't have in stock I'm sure.

This is just the way she came out of the box!........Oh and I forgot to mention the inside of the fuel tank is perfect!!!!!

View attachment 824502View attachment 824503View attachment 824504View attachment 824505View attachment 824506

That's the correct full-wrap and unobtainium AV mount. If you be a full-wrap hater, we could trade wraps...but I know you're not....lol. Replacing the jug and piston is the way to go. If ya got the parts...use them....we ain't getting any younger.

And hey......the muffler isn't all beat to **** like most on ebay. I'm beginning to believe that's some sort of a rite of passage; take a ball peen hammer to the muffler before the auction pics are taken.

Kevin

That's the correct full-wrap and unobtainium AV mount. If you be a full-wrap hater, we could trade wraps...but I know you're not....lol. Replacing the jug and piston is the way to go. If ya got the parts...use them....we ain't getting any younger.

And hey......the muffler isn't all beat to **** like most on ebay. I'm beginning to believe that's some sort of a rite of passage; take a ball peen hammer to the muffler before the auction pics are taken.

Kevin
Yeah that muffler damage mostly comes from not running dogs or to short ones for the work you're doing. Somewhere I have a West Coast muffler for the 90 that's in great shape.....instead of exhausting out the small square hole on the top right side of the muffler like the regular ones they exhaust out the lower front, straight ahead with a SS louver directing gases towards the bar.......very open exhaust. I have a brand new one on my 910E that is the same build but of course different than the 90 one. Think I got a wicked deal from sawagain on it......didn't have the louver...think I gave him $20.00 for it NOS. I had the louver in a parts lot I picked up and didn't know what it was until I saw that West Coast muffler without one!!!
Jonsereds knew of the muffler damage so when they came out with the 70E you could buy the regular muffler or the spark arresting one. The spark arresting muffler came with a thick muffler cover that was a separate piece and covered the front of the muffler. It was real rugged and worked well.

49 SP and 70E Build 124.jpg

Yeah that muffler damage mostly comes from not running dogs or to short ones for the work you're doing. Somewhere I have a West Coast muffler for the 90 that's in great shape.....instead of exhausting out the small square hole on the top right side of the muffler like the regular ones they exhaust out the lower front, straight ahead with a SS louver directing gases towards the bar.......very open exhaust. I have a brand new one on my 910E that is the same build but of course different than the 90 one. Think I got a wicked deal from sawagain on it......didn't have the louver...think I gave him $20.00 for it NOS. I had the louver in a parts lot I picked up and didn't know what it was until I saw that West Coast muffler without one!!!
Jonsereds knew of the muffler damage so when they came out with the 70E you could buy the regular muffler or the spark arresting one. The spark arresting muffler came with a thick muffler cover that was a separate piece and covered the front of the muffler. It was real rugged and worked well.

View attachment 827333
Yeah, Husky did the same thing on their pro saws back in the day....a plate over the muffler.

I have that bottom louver exhaust design on my ancient 80. Half of the louver has fallen off. Never seen the louver part on ebay or anywhere else. I've thought about making one.

The louver looks flipped backwards in the photo...I thought the protrusions should face outward, not inward towards the exhaust port? That's the way my saw came........but it's a bottom louver set up.

Kevin

Yeah, Husky did the same thing on their pro saws back in the day....a plate over the muffler.

I have that bottom louver exhaust design on my ancient 80. Half of the louver has fallen off. Never seen the louver part on ebay or anywhere else. I've thought about making one.

The louver looks flipped backwards in the photo...I thought the protrusions should face outward, not inward towards the exhaust port? That's the way my saw came........but it's a bottom louver set up.

Kevin
On the 70E and 49sp with these type spark arresting mufflers the louvers extend inwards so they are more or less smooth on the outside. Also on these models there is an exhaust deflector that is bend towards the bar so I assume they all are meant to be oriented in that manner....though they might flow a bit better the way you have yours.

On the 70E and 49sp with these type spark arresting mufflers the louvers extend inwards so they are more or less smooth on the outside. Also on these models there is an exhaust deflector that is bend towards the bar so I assume they all are meant to be oriented in that manner....though they might flow a bit better the way you have yours.

Weird.....to me, it's about the best 2 cycle flow dynamics for most power/rpm....given the constraints of a conventional muffler space.

Kevin

I think $100 is generous.....especially on Craigslist et al. But on eBay, that's another world. He might get $150, but he shouldn't. NOT an 80's saw but an early 70's saw.

This is worth seeing; Bob & Walt discuss their favorite 'Top Five' Jonserd(s). I completely agree on Walt's inclusion of the 2094....it IS a ripping beast.

Kevin

Ok, it's headed out on Monday. Didn't want to post up while the auction was still on, but it brought $1,425 on eBay. I'm down to two 111S's and one 110.

FINALLY, Scott....you got a decent price for one of your 111S'!!

The 110 was supposedly never sold in the US.....you'd think the rarity would mean something.

Kevin

The 110 was supposedly never sold in the US.....you'd think the rarity would mean something.

Kevin

We will see on the 110. That will be up for sale too. I still need to pull the crank seals to confirm it’s a 110.
Scott

Cases are supposed to be different.

I am just curious, does the 110 in question have just an "S" stamped on it or does one have "S 1" ? My 111s has "S 1". Just an "S" may be an easy way to identify a 110. Several of the saws of this era had revisions or variants of similar cases. The letter tells you the chassis, the number tells you the version. Some of the differences on the 49cc chassis are easy to spot, but I have yet to see the difference between an "N" and an "N 1" 621.

Kevin

There is reference to the 110 in Tilton's literature. Whether or not they actually sold them, I couldn't tell you.

I think $100 is generous.....especially on Craigslist et al. But on eBay, that's another world. He might get $150, but he shouldn't. NOT an 80's saw but an early 70's saw.

This is worth seeing; Bob & Walt discuss their favorite 'Top Five' Jonserd(s). I completely agree on Walt's inclusion of the 2094....it IS a ripping beast.

Kevin

Thanks for posting that Kevin.....been a while....good to revisit.

Back