Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsereds display cases, store front signs, lamps, knives etc would all be quite collectable. I was never really chums with anyone that had a dealership, so I'm not certain what all was available in Jonsereds bling.

Robin is harboring a lot of those military looking parts cases.....I think those are uber cool! Scott has/had some of the original wood boxes the early saws came in.....

Kevin

Jonsereds display cases, store front signs, lamps, knives etc would all be quite collectable. I was never really chums with anyone that had a dealership, so I'm not certain what all was available in Jonsereds bling.

Robin is harboring a lot of those military looking parts cases.....I think those are uber cool! Scott has/had some of the original wood crates the early saws came in.....

Kevin
Whaaaat?......I only have seven of them!!!

Well finally did the crank seals on my 70e. Flywheel was a bugger to get off but I got it. Clutch side seal was junk, the rubber felt more like plastic and just cracked to pieces when I pulled it. Flywheel seal seemed good, but did it anyways. Thanks to Sixonetonoffun for the part # for seals from Fastenal. Just an fyi they told me the number is discontinued and limited to current inventory....off course he said there's like 500 of them showing.

Also a shout out to Real1shepherd for help with the bucking spike. It looks great on there. Saw fired right up and sounds real good now.

Next item on list is to replace lower flywheel side handle av mount. Rubber is torn.20200602_214451.jpg

Gotta just love this guy!!! Watched this saw on ebay run without a bid at $800.00 or make offer...…….so he comes back with a brand new plan.........LOL!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-1...050528?hash=item3fe2ebe6e0:g:AxYAAOSwyPRe070x

Lol!!! His "plan" is to blame the buyers. Maybe it's gotten really bad like this on eBay for sellers....I dunno. Scott just got a decent price for a 111S.

It says in red letters that I bought stuff from this seller before......I'm thinking it was probably a manual, but not sure.

Kevin

I was never sure how the "make offer" before any bids are placed is supposed to work. Do you bid more than the opening bid or less?
It's funny how some people get offended when you low ball them.

Neighbor stopped the other day. Dropped a tree on that 451ev we fixed up. Broke top handle mounts, rear handle and a small chunk chipped out of the case in the airbox area. Kinda glad I didn't send my 191t with him he kinda asked one day just prior.

Neighbor stopped the other day. Dropped a tree on that 451ev we fixed up. Broke top handle mounts, rear handle and a small chunk chipped out of the case in the airbox area. Kinda glad I didn't send my 191t with him he kinda asked one day just prior.

You should probably 'ban' him from all your saws......

Kevin

I was never sure how the "make offer" before any bids are placed is supposed to work. Do you bid more than the opening bid or less?

Whatever price is posted above the 'Make Offer' field, you can make an offer under that. He can counter etc with the 'Make Offer' feature and you two can play that game for awhile. I was playing around with a seller once and went to just a dollar under his asking price. He got mad and pulled the 'Make Offer' part...lol!

If they have a combination of bid and 'Make Offer".....you have to bid more than the opening price. And if they have a 'Buy It Now' price, you can bid anything under that.

Some sellers don't really honor the 'Make Offer' field very much, even if they have it up. And eBay lets them take it down at any point in the auction....like if they get mad at being low balled.

There's also an automatic feature for the sellers......let's say the seller has something listed for $50. He sets the sale so that the items sells for $35 if someone makes him an offer that low. There is no communication between the two parties..... you just get a notification from eBay that you have to purchase the item. And of course any offer between $35 and $49 gets the item immediately.....so you may never know how low he set his 'Make Offer' field.

The thing now for unscrupulous buyers is to buy a saw, get it, take the good parts off the saw and replace with bad/broken parts and then complain to PayPal that it came that way. PayPal will refund the money once the saw is returned and the seller is stuck with no money and a saw with broken parts. That's why you're seeing this resurgence of NO RETURNS, AS-IS and For Parts Or Not Running Only on perfectly good saws.

Kevin

I always lowball....can’t help it ....just the way I am.... cheep!!! But doesn’t mean I won’t come up if the item is something I want/need. Play th’ game...

A coworker found this Jonsered and a couple Poulans in his fathers attic after he passed. When he gave me the poulans he told me there was another saw and I offered to take a look at it. I figured carb kit or whatever, I had no idea it would be a Jonsered. He said his grandfather bought it new, then his dad used it and the last time he seen it was after it got serviced years ago.
CA7C1D6D-0647-4B70-A4B1-E791F048AB0D.jpeg6C9E0E9D-587A-4FF2-8686-A8C952D7FF4B.jpeg

I haven’t offered to buy it from him yet given the history of the saw, I just wanted to get my hands on it. he talked about fixing it himself and I was like no no no I’ll look at it. I have yet to experience the Jonsered, and to find one of this vintage is special to me even though it only has one piston ring and a chunk of plastic on the handle.

Nice find and yeah, looks like a real heavy oil mix was used. :surprised3:

Crank seals a must now on these older guys. Then vacuum and pressure test to make sure. Gas line, filter and carb rebuild too.

If you have the plastic flywheel fan, those are made again. No help if you have the SEM's module under the flywheel and it goes bad. :(

Kevin

Thanks for the info. It does have the plastic fan on it, and I haven’t pulled the flywheel yet to see what’s up. It’s going to get a complete tear down after I talk him into selling it to me lol. He doesn’t seem to know much about saws and I would hate to see it get ruined.

Latest posts

Back