Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How weird that the 52 cover fits on the 111.....maybe it's an age of design thing.:reading:

Actually Scott, I think I bought an old 52 for dirt...just in case anyone ever wanted parts on it. Let me check it out. I can pic and measure stuff so we're sure....if I have it.

Kevin
Kevin -
I’m not sure why the 52 is compatible but the 621 and 80 definitely won’t work.
Please let me know what you find.
Thanks!
Scott

The 80 is close but it wouldn’t completely cover the points cavity. It also only has a screw in the middle. The 111 has 3 screws holding the cover. They are basically the same shape.
Wow...three screws??? I know the 80/90 have the one.

Well, I'm guessing if I get inside that 52 and it has three hold down screws, it has to be your boy.

Kevin

Scott....hopefully, I made your day. This has to be correct;three screws. Let me know if you want the three screws & washers along with the Woodruff key. Or any combination thereof....I don't care.

Anyone else needing parts from a 52?

Kevin

Attachments

• Points cover 52,111.jpg
    Points cover 52,111.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 7
Looks like it was 10gauge. I have no idea what kinda steel it was....could have been hard plate, for sure it wasn't just mild steel.

I probably put some thought into it at the time given what we had at the mill.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I tried cherry red with the water quench. I am new to the heat treating thing. But because two kids in one of my daughter's classes tested positive for covid I seem to have some time on my hands untill I can go back to work. The kids aren't showing any signs or symptoms yet.

Wes..

Thanks Kevin. I tried cherry red with the water quench. I am new to the heat treating thing. But because two kids in one of my daughter's classes tested positive for covid I seem to have some time on my hands untill I can go back to work. The kids aren't showing any signs or symptoms yet.

Wes..
Try it with clean oil. Most metals today are geared for oil quench. That's what the reps used to tell us. I don't know about raw steels from China though.

Kids don't always show symptoms(asymptomatic), but they can be great carriers. ;)

Kevin

So my next project .. Jonsered 930
It has some scoring all on the exhaust side of the cylinder . I would assume it got very hot because some of the paint around the muffler was black from the heat . The saw was absolutely packed with saw dust ..all the cylinder fins and all around the flywheel so I'm sure it wasn't cooling properly.
What would most likely of been the culprit for this ?
Thanks!
Ernie

Attachments

• KIMG1080.JPG
    KIMG1080.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 13
  • KIMG1081.JPG
    KIMG1081.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 13
  • KIMG1082.JPG
    KIMG1082.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 13