Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about some old school J'red action? Just finished rebuilding this XG and put it on that popular auction site with no reserve. Sure hope it brings decent $; my F350 needs some new shoes!!!

Gotta say that these saws look kinda funny with the short bars that they normally came with. It's an 85cc saw, so it can certainly handle more than the puny 14" bar that's on it now, but I guess if you wanted a J'red with a long bar in the mid-60's, you went for the 110 cc XF.

Attachments

• DSCN4588.jpeg
    DSCN4588.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCN4574.jpeg
    DSCN4574.jpeg
  • DSCN4575.jpeg
    DSCN4575.jpeg
  • DSCN4579.jpeg
    DSCN4579.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCN4573.jpeg
    DSCN4573.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
That 920 buckin got came from me lol
Went through a friend in Oregon

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk
I'd sure like to hear the whole provenance story. Was it really NOS, or was it used a little? Did the use stop because the oiler plugged or was that just a function of sitting for so long?

Kevin

Heres one that will make you cry Cant Dog.My 80 year old buddy picked up a 621 at the scrap yard the saw looked like it just came off the show room wall I don"t think there was 10 hours on it.Fred found out the ignition switch was shorted he fixed it the saw it ran perfect it had original bar and chain like new.The first thing Fred does is paint the top cover shiny aluminium there wasn"t even a scratch in the paint just not shiny enough.I told Fred if he ever wanted to sell the saw to let me know.I was gone out of town working for a couple of months when I came home I asked Fred about the saw he said he traded it to a guy for a hydraulic pump for his old Fordson tractor.Fred said you got lots of saws and I figured if you were really interested you would have made me an offer I would have sold it to you for 25.00 I only paid 15.00.
I have three of those pumps and would have gave Fred one for free saw or not.
Kash

I'd sure like to hear the whole provenance story. Was it really NOS, or was it used a little? Did the use stop because the oiler plugged or was that just a function of sitting for so long?

Kevin
Its NOS, barn find by the children after dealer owner passed. The oil pickup line must have had some assembly lube that got gunked up, few of the nos owners had better luck and not running into these issues. They ran fine, i think i took 5 and few went to local guys

Its NOS, barn find by the children after dealer owner passed. The oil pickup line must have had some assembly lube that got gunked up, few of the nos owners had better luck and not running into these issues. They ran fine, i think i took 5 and few went to local guys

Wow....just wow. Even with the World Wide Web...these provenance stories are just amazing!

Kevin

Heres one that will make you cry Cant Dog.My 80 year old buddy picked up a 621 at the scrap yard the saw looked like it just came off the show room wall I don"t think there was 10 hours on it.Fred found out the ignition switch was shorted he fixed it the saw it ran perfect it had original bar and chain like new.The first thing Fred does is paint the top cover shiny aluminium there wasn"t even a scratch in the paint just not shiny enough.I told Fred if he ever wanted to sell the saw to let me know.I was gone out of town working for a couple of months when I came home I asked Fred about the saw he said he traded it to a guy for a hydraulic pump for his old Fordson tractor.Fred said you got lots of saws and I figured if you were really interested you would have made me an offer I would have sold it to you for 25.00 I only paid 15.00.
I have three of those pumps and would have gave Fred one for free saw or not.
Kash
Few things are worse then coming that close and then it slipping away. We have CAD....there should be a term for near misses like that....other than SAD....lol.

Kevin

It kind of looks like a 2171 or 2163 but the muffler looks off and what's up with the anti-vibe covers near the rear handle? I haven't seen those before.
it has to be a 21 or 20 series right?
The muffler has me thrown off but the front crankcase looks like a 2171 or 2163.
Also, The chain brake flag has one arm like my 2095. Do they maybe have a clutch cover from a 2094/5 on this? or from something older even? do the stub bolts on a 2094/5 line up with any of the smaller saws?
I'm so confused. I almost want to buy it just to figure out what it is.

Edit: looks similar to my 2095 clutch cover but definitely not the same.
edit2: Looks like a 2152. Per the openings in the front of the starter/flywheel cover. Not sure on the muffler still. IDK . Frankensaw!

It kind of looks like a 2171 or 2163 but the muffler looks off and what's up with the anti-vibe covers near the rear handle? I haven't seen those before.
it has to be a 21 or 20 series right?
The muffler has me thrown off but the front crankcase looks like a 2171 or 2163.
Also, The chain brake flag has one arm like my 2095. Do they maybe have a clutch cover from a 2094/5 on this? or from something older even? do the stub bolts on a 2094/5 line up with any of the smaller saws?
I'm so confused. I almost want to buy it just to figure out what it is.

Edit: looks similar to my 2095 clutch cover but definitely not the same.
edit2: Looks like a 2152. Per the openings in the front of the starter/flywheel cover. Not sure on the muffler still. IDK . Frankensaw!
Well someone bought it right away if not you!!! LOL!!

Back