Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I have found a great Pioneer thread (thanks petesoldsaw), a great Poulan thread (thanks FATGUY) and McCulloch thread but no dedicated Jonsered thread. I really like my dad's (now mine) Jonsered 70E and would like to start a thread dedicated to Jonsereds. So let's seem, pics, thoughts, pointers etc etc etc....

Here is mine to start. It was crushed by a tree when I got it!:chainsaw:

attachment.php

Uncrush Process..

I started by first finding this site...

The handle was bent in the crush and the right side handle bracket and left side anti-vibe were destroyed. The top covers were also goners and the screen over the recoil/flywheel area was missing. (and it didn't run...)

Thanks to PES+, Baileys and Ebay I was able to get all the parts I needed to rebuild it (my first by the way).

aaaahhhh yaaaa.....

The 362XP got ultacrushed by the bobcat skidding out logs...That is what prompted dad to give me the 70E (he felt bad cuz he was driving)...I found AS looking for parts for the 362XP on the net. After some newbie questions on AS and a special thanks again to PES+ it was fixed in a week or two. So as I got immersed in the "chainsaw cult" (as my wife refers to it) I succesfully uncrushed the 362XP and the 70E!

apparently fixing dead saws is addicting...

saws

whats that lil black saw top handle on floor
i could use that red box o parts yeah i could use A project.

I only have 2 Jonsered chainsaws, a 670 and a 2094. I don`t use either one but they both run excellent, the 2094 has very low hours on it, the 670 has a new P&C with high compression and cuts real nice in 16-20 hardwood.
Pioneerguy600

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3540.

too busy beautifying those old Pioneers to use the Jreds no doubt...:Eye:

Speaking of beautiful PES+ once sent me a link or pics to a picture perfect 70E that someone called "cowpoke" had restored (looked new) maybe someone can post them on this thread (I lost the link)...

here are my jonsereds....

hehehe

the parts should come tomorrow for the 2165

IMG_2176.jpg

LMAO

Is that a 630 case sitting at the top? That is a very nice looking box of parts (I'm a little biased, btw).

My saws should be listed in my sig (I cannot see sigs - I turned them off to help my dial-up stay afloat). The Jonsereds are in various states of undress and will remain so while I continue to search for parts (got any 90 rings?), but I will gather them up anyway and take some pics.

:cheers:

Well I have found a great Pioneer thread (thanks petesoldsaw), a great Poulan thread (thanks FATGUY) and McCulloch thread but no dedicated Jonsered thread. I really like my dad's (now mine) Jonsered 70E and would like to start a thread dedicated to Jonsereds. So let's seem, pics, thoughts, pointers etc etc etc....

Here is mine to start. It was crushed by a tree when I got it!:chainsaw:

attachment.php

This picture is awfully wide, you might want to format no more then 1024 wide in the future. My only experience with jonsered was BAD. sorry ;(

Is that a 630 case sitting at the top? That is a very nice looking box of parts (I'm a little biased, btw).

My saws should be listed in my sig (I cannot see sigs - I turned them off to help my dial-up stay afloat). The Jonsereds are in various states of undress and will remain so while I continue to search for parts (got any 90 rings?), but I will gather them up anyway and take some pics.

actually a 625... i do have some parts to spare. do they interchange?

My 49SP project saws...picked them up from the county for 10 bucks. P/C is perfect on one of them, carb rebuild and fuel lines and she should be running. Other is locked up tight.
attachment.php

I got a couple.
Here is my Jonsereds
attachment.php

Here is my Jonsered. Does this one even count?
attachment.php

I got a Jonsered 361 in with some stuff the other day, when time permits I may mess with it.

Mark

That 49SP is a nice looking saw.

I'm not up on the newer ones. Is that a 2054 or 2055? That oil cap placement is different than most.

I just got a M36 in the mail from bigbadbob on Thursday and plan on restoring it. It is a top handle saw as well and about the same size as your M361.

Glad to see some Jonsereds in your stable!

Mark

That 49SP is a nice looking saw.

I'm not up on the newer ones. Is that a 2054 or 2055? That oil cap placement is different than most.

I just got a M36 in the mail from bigbadbob on Thursday and plan on restoring it. It is a top handle saw as well and about the same size as your M361.

Glad to see some Jonsereds in your stable!

It isn't that new. I am thinking a 450 or something in that line. The high top for the air filter marks this type of saw. Maybe 510/520? It has the Partner influenced handle design. I gotta take some new J-Red pics of what I got. Maybe, I will have some time today.

It isn't that new. I am thinking a 450 or something in that line. The high top for the air filter marks this type of saw. Maybe 510/520? It has the Partner influenced handle design. I gotta take some new J-Red pics of what I got. Maybe, I will have some time today.

When I first saw the sticker on the recoil I was thinking that it looked like an older design. I should have stuck with my first instinct. :blush:

As an older model, I would place it as a 490 since the oil filler cap on the 450 is a bit higher.

Thanks for the correction! :clap: I appreciate it when you more experienced J-red guys help to keep me headed in the right direction. :)

Back