Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New clutch drum came in today for the 70e. Got it back together tonight. Ground the slot out on a 20" Husky D009 bar and mounted it. This saw starts easy and seems to run great, can't wait to throw it in some wood.

Still need to find a bucking spike for it and lower handlebar rubber on recoil side needs to be replaced sooner than later. Probably gonna grab crank seals for it too before I cut to much with it.20200330_222316.jpg20200330_222339.jpg20200330_222410.jpg20200330_222901.jpg

I dunno if they are same dogs. They are kinda small, but better than nothing. Seems as though I'll be smashing the muffler on this thing bucking large logs without it. Paint isn't even scratched in the mounting holes so it must not have had them.
That muffler has a separate, thicker protective cover to help keep it from being dented....unlike the regular mufflers but even so I'd put on the stock dogs. Stock dogs work good as long as the trees you are cutting don't have super deep bark. Being short compared the west coast type dogs you don't lose anywhere near as much usable bar length.
That saw would have come with the stock dogs but would likely not been dealer installed unless specified by the buyer...…would have come just in the box with the tool kit etc.

That muffler has a separate, thicker protective cover to help keep it from being dented....unlike the regular mufflers but even so I'd put on the stock dogs. Stock dogs work good as long as the trees you are cutting don't have super deep bark. Being short compared the west coast type dogs you don't lose anywhere near as much usable bar length.
That saw would have come with the stock dogs but would likely not been dealer installed unless specified by the buyer...…would have come just in the box with the tool kit etc.

I resemble that remark about west coast dawgs.....lol!

Kevin

and
Sorry for lack of pics, but tried out the 70e last night. Runs really nice and cuts good. Still have some tuning to do but I'm happy with it overall. I really missed the one I sold last year, glad to have another again.
70E is a good cutting saw...…...I logged (no pun) many, many hours on one back in the 80's. At the time I had a partner in a sawmill business. In the winter we would selectively cut lots for folks. We would harvest the mature white pine and spruce that would make select saw logs and turn the tops into 4' pulpwood. He had a new 70E and I had the 49sp.....for our small operation it worked pretty good...one of us would drop 'em with the 70E and start bucking the saw logs and the other guy would start limbing the top with the 49sp. We'd drop a half dozen stems and then switch saws. It went well and you didn't get to bored at the same task. Depending on the length of the twitch and the size of the butts(We had a 45hp Long 4wd bucket loader with Canadian ring chains)we would generally yard 3-4000 bft of saw logs and 4-5 cord of pulp on a good day. It was good work and have mostly fond memories of working the woods in the winter.

Yeah......a couple days ago I finally tossed the $28.00 in folding money and a handful of change I been moving from pants pocket to pants pocket and lugging around for the last tree weeks into my desk drawer....can't gave it away...pretty much everything's on plastic or you don't get it!!

Back