Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave up on trying to find an air filter cover for my 111S, but figure I could run some sort of velocity stack setup with a filter like the attached pic. Anyone have any experience or thoughts here?

Attachments

• 51sesWqjZDL._AC_.jpg
    51sesWqjZDL._AC_.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 61dqTO-UPCL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61dqTO-UPCL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 12
Most people stay with some derivative of K&N. On the other hand, nothing is really gained with velocity stakes on Swedish saws. I've even seen plotted graphs with and without them.

But in your situation with unobtainium parts, it's a good solution to make a working saw again. Might even make the saw more attractive to some.

Kevin

Most people stay with some derivative of K&N. On the other hand, nothing is really gained with velocity stakes on Swedish saws. I've even seen plotted graphs with and without them.

But in your situation with unobtainium parts, it's a good solution to make a working saw again. Might even make the saw more attractive to some.

Kevin

Found someone who makes these - Redbeard Saws. I'll let y'all know.

Have a johny and a redmax in the saw box. The 2166 is the ground crews go to.

Attachments

• 20201222_094713.jpg
    20201222_094713.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 20201126_083355.jpg
    20201126_083355.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13
No....with the recoil removed look at the pulley and you'll see an indent about the same size as the cord in the edge. Pull the cord into that and wind the pulley against the spring...usually 3-4 turns are enough to get the cord to wind back onto the pulley when released. I usually start with 36" inches of cord and wind until the pulley will fill and still have tension and the install the handle. If when you're all done and the handle doesn't stay under tension or later won't stay in the socket just remove the recoil, pull out a bout a foot of cord and with it in the indent again wind it one more revolution or until there is always tension on the handle.
I did manage to get one more wrap on the recoil but still have 9" of extra pull cord. Just too weak to get that last turn. This spring seems much stronger than the original.

I did manage to get one more wrap on the recoil but still have 9" of extra pull cord. Just too weak to get that last turn. This spring seems much stronger than the original.
You will be limited only by how much cord the pulley will hold......if you have room on the pullet for another turn, pull out about a foot of of cord then hold the pulley with your other hand until you get the cord in the slot then give it another turn. As I said I start with 36" and once the pulley is full cut the remainder off....usually 6"or so. Of course the diameter of the cord will affect how many turns you can get too.

I've seen people use the wrong diameter/type cord often. Cord is not just cord. Try to find a place that is familiar with chainsaw repair and will sell you the right kind of cord.

Kevin
This ^^^. I keep 5 different sizes on hand. If you're using the wrong size it's going to give you problems.

Your Kijiji is a lot like our Craigslist used to be.....pretty good deals to be had still. Facebook is now supposedly were the deals are mostly, but I hate it.

Kevin
Hey Kevin, hope you and yours are well! I do find Facebook marketplace works better for me than Kijiji in selling stuff although I've not sold a saw on it yet.

Back