Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lee.....same to you and yours!

I was forced to quit buying large ticket items on eBay because I'm now taxed on my Internet purchases. Honestly, if your state is doing this as well and that hard up for revenue....they're not using their resources properly. I know WA is NOT. Ever since 'Dixie Lee Ray' put us into nuclear power plant mode, the state has remained forever in the red.

Kevin

I used to get all my ebay stuff to Grand Portage MN as the border is only 30 miles but do to Covid can't.I I get charged Ontario GST tax 13percent usually they don't nail you if its under 30.00 or if it is really busy they might wave you threw.
Kash

I would like to have this saw...or at least as much of it there is. But delivered to me the price of almost $450 is about $375 to much!!! No recoil, missing the oil pump and a bar stud (that's generally alarming)...the muffler and the piston (at the very least) is toast....he says the rings are good though......really! Only thing they are good for making a tool to clean up the ring grooves!! But dang it all Kevin, it does have that NLA full wrap mount under the clutch....and of course the full wrap...meh....I have several mounts and a NOS full wrap for a 910EV.....still like to have it though.....be something nice to use one of the NOS P&C kits I have for the 910. Oh yeah forgot to mention the usual failed ign wiring that is always present on the 910s.......Mercedes and BMW, around the same time frame used the same Euro wiring......and they will get to looking the same....bad run.....

JONSEREDS 910E 910 E VINTAGE COLLECTOR MUSCLE CHAINSAW TURNS CLEAN HUGE SAW WS | eBay

I would like to have this saw...or at least as much of it there is. But delivered to me the price of almost $450 is about $375 to much!!! No recoil, missing the oil pump and a bar stud (that's generally alarming)...the muffler and the piston (at the very least) is toast....he says the rings are good though......really! Only thing they are good for making a tool to clean up the ring grooves!! But dang it all Kevin, it does have that NLA full wrap mount under the clutch....and of course the full wrap...meh....I have several mounts and a NOS full wrap for a 910EV.....still like to have it though.....be something nice to use one of the NOS P&C kits I have for the 910. Oh yeah forgot to mention the usual failed ign wiring that is always present on the 910s.......Mercedes and BMW, around the same time frame used the same Euro wiring......and they will get to looking the same....bad run.....

JONSEREDS 910E 910 E VINTAGE COLLECTOR MUSCLE CHAINSAW TURNS CLEAN HUGE SAW WS | eBay

Rings are good??? If those are good, what do bad rings look like???

Crazy money, Robin for a parts 910....they're not that scarce/valuable just yet. I wish the 910 full wrap was compatable with the 80/90 as it would give me more opportunity to find one. The AV mount on the bottom though is the same.

What's with that "90"....was it in a fire? No decomp in that pic unless he took it off the saw.....if not, then it's an 801 and the plug melted in the 'fire'. You can't trust stickers....available now online as reproductions.

I dunno what so "awesome" about that 80 full wrap....it's been cut. Doesn't interest me. This is exactly what happened after all the nice 2100's sold on eBay...then the dredges started showing up.

In my Mercedes forum they call that wiring;"eco-junk" wiring. Soy based, self decomposing. They used it from '92-'98. Bosch electronic fuel injection systems don't do well when formally insulated wires start touching each other....lol.

Kevin

Agreed....maybe worth that if it was 100% intact....but it's been robbed.

I have two unfinished 910's and the parts to make another if I had two case halves. I found one of the 910's in my garage. I have no recollection of when and where I bought it. Just appeared one day when I was moving stuff around. I don't even remember what's wrong with it....probably ignition...lol.

Kevin

Agreed....maybe worth that if it was 100% intact....but it's been robbed.

I have two unfinished 910's and the parts to make another if I had two case halves. I found one of the 910's in my garage. I have no recollection of when and where I bought it. Just appeared one day when I was moving stuff around. I don't even remember what's wrong with it....probably ignition...lol.

Kevin

Yeah I've kinda lost track of my 910 situation too......have one superior example that is usable......and boxes of saws and used parts squirreled away.....then there are notable boxes of nos items...only the one actual runner but several to be built including a set of NOS cases.....if I can only live long enough!!!!

Just finished converting this “Cutters Edge 2171” rescue saw back to a 2171, mostly. First I replaced the badly scored piston and cylinder with a new oem mahle for a 372xp. New wrist pin, bearing and base gasket. Everything else was like new. Put fresh fuel in 2 pulls up and running. The saw looked new and now it runs new. I removed the labels and thought I could get the originals but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m going to keep the stack and K&N, the snowblower handle is going to be replaced as is the 8 pin .404 rim. I’m hoping to get a nice TOTAL or Tsumura bar for it. I can’t wait to run it. AA766ECC-13F6-42BF-AC48-CAC0B1A0093C.jpegFD67A153-94E0-43F4-9CC4-43C9EB27D30E.jpegA4309BD2-1EB0-4223-B68E-70B7EEAFFE87.jpeg8ECB9405-CE7B-4073-BA9E-6E8E7E14758C.jpegB7A4566A-690E-4E03-B4D8-DB9EF3BC0132.jpeg

Back