• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Jonsered Iron Horse East Coast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex McAndrew

Reaction score
We've got a relatively wet 11 acres with a great stand of cedar and spruce. Looked high and low on the East Coast for one of these units. Anyone on here know of any for sale or rent around Vermont?

They’re not very common. I have one and am always keeping look out for accessories, another one, etc. check your inbox.

I purchased a 55 Willy’s Jeep cj5 the old man stripped down to the frame and added a winch and boom to pull out logs. It’s an easy build.

I went looking for a snowblower and came home with this 55 Willy’s. I added a new clutch, lockers in the diff’s and when the frame rusted out I boxed it with 3/8” x 4” steel front to rear. The oldman kept the boom and winch. With a 4 way plow and four sets of chains she will go anywhere.

If anyone is interest I have a one owner( me) 99 wrangler that needs a frame repair it would make a good log dragger. She has a Dana 44 w/373 positive gears rear, Dana 30 front, hd suspension auto trans, special ordered from factory, not a std Jeep. runs great. Fish plate the frame and add a locker in the front diff. Asking $3,500 or bo. I’m in ct for someone here I can do better on the price,

Remember the old farmers rock sleds pulled by the doodle bugs? Sometimes we have to build what we need.

We've got a relatively wet 11 acres with a great stand of cedar and spruce. Looked high and low on the East Coast for one of these units. Anyone on here know of any for sale or rent around Vermont?
I am replying to this thread as it is the most recent on I have seen regarding an Iron Horse. I am wondering if anyone can give me info with respect to sourcing a track as one of the tabs on mine has ripped and the last time I ran it it did not function properly under load. Either that or I will consider selling the machine as I really do not have the need (or energy) to use it anymore.

I am replying ....

Hi, I was able to repair a track with a belt repair kit on mine made for joining heavy duty conveyors on rock crusher. Can get you more info. Where are you located? Got any photos of what tabs on track you are referencing? Not acting right under power on mine sometimes means that the clutch needs a cleaning and proper lube.

Unfortunately someone suggested a snowmobile track which did fit width and length but the pitch was wrong and the last time i moved I left the broken track behind, I drfinitely need a replacement

I wish I used a k20 4x4 drive train much heavier. Here’s my Jeep tractor. Add a trailer and a winch. She has 5:38:1 gears with loc rite lockers in the diffs.

Attachments

• 09E70493-D95D-4561-9A05-9AAAFFAC4785.jpeg
    09E70493-D95D-4561-9A05-9AAAFFAC4785.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 11
Hey Chas, bummer about leaving old track behind. There was a rough IH on eBay that would be great for parts of near you or price was right not long ago. I thought a certain snowmobile track would work, think it was size for old elan models, but never had to try personally and have read they don’t hold up like the original Iron horse ones for some reason. You might try reaching out to lennartsfors. They seem to be active with iron horse machines, no USA presence I’ve seen but maybe they have a way. https://lennartsfors.com/en/

Hey Chas, bummer about leaving old track behind. There was a rough IH on eBay that would be great for parts of near you or price was right not long ago. I thought a certain snowmobile track would work, think it was size for old elan models, but never had to try personally and have read they don’t hold up like the original Iron horse ones for some reason. You might try reaching out to lennartsfors. They seem to be active with iron horse machines, no USA presence I’ve seen but maybe they have a way. https://lennartsfors.com/en/

Thanks chipper/joshg, I was dreading the thought of buying new and shipping from Sweden, but i will be facing the same issue with buying and shipping a 350 kg parts machine from Mich. It is such a cool machine and am just hoping to get it up and running properly so as that I can pass it on to someone else. Part of the reason I am reluctant to buy a spare, already have too much stuff. I will check and see if i can find an Elan track with 2" pitch

i used a track from a 79 ski-doo 300 citation fits perfect same pitch and width just not as heavy of a track as original. i want to say the pitch was 2.12 or something like that. i figured it out years ago when my track starting tearing, got one from a sled salvage yard in good condition and it sat on a shelf for 4 years before the track finally snapped. it was a bit of a pain to put on though.

i used a track from a 79 ski-doo 300 citation fits perfect same pitch and width just not as heavy of a track as original. i want to say the pitch was 2.12 or something like that. i figured it out years ago when my track starting tearing, got one from a sled salvage yard in good condition and it sat on a shelf for 4 years before the track finally snapped. it was a bit of a pain to put on though.
Good tip thanks Jake.

I have a nice Jonsered Iron Horse skidder that is in great working condition that I am going to be listing for sale soon. I am in the Plymouth NH area. Email me at [email protected] if you are still interested. Thanks!
Since you just joined today I assume you found this great site through some type of a search for Jonsered Iron Horse. That is based on the fact that you dug up a very old thread and just joined today. In my opinion it would be best to settle in and get to know the site a bit first. In fact it might be a violation of membership terms to offer an item for sale and ask for outside contact. ......what say you ole @pdqdl

Latest posts

Back