Jonsered Saw problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winkle

Reaction score
I have a 2050 turbo josered that is fairly new but leaks the bar oil like a sieve. Is this a common problem with this saw? Any idea what may be the problem?

Thanks for any help.

ARE YOU USING MOTOR OIL FOR BAR OIL OR REGULAR BAR AND CHAIN OIL. MY POULAN WAS LEAKING WHEN I USED MOTOR OIL BUT WHEN I SWITCHED TO THE THICKER BAR AND CHAIN OIL IT STOPPED.

Naw - my 036 leaks the real stuff too - heavy summer grade and it makes me a little PO'ed from time to time. Don't know the reason, but I suspect it is related to changing pressures in the atmosphere forcing the oil out and onto anything the saw is sitting on. My wife's 4-wheeler was the last victim. Anyone got any cures??

I had been told by an electolux tech that electrolux saws in general build up pressure in the bar oil tank. He told me to recommend to my customers to pull the chain around a couple times (after the bar and chain cool down of course) after the saw is turned off. This will relieve some of the pressure. I have noticed the same. Electolux products are leakers. I had a 3120 Husky that never kept the oil in and no I never ran junk through it. Always Husky bar oil. Yeah I am with Deere John, I would be willing to hear more bright ideas. I cant say that I had noticed a big difference with what the electolux guy told me.
Big D

My 2065 is like my big dog-marks it's territory wherever it goes. I have noticed the dribbeage has considerably lessened with time. Makes me think of my Jonsy 111S-either the oil or fuel tank vent wheezes every minute or so,maybe posessed by the spirits of all those redwoods it dropped when it lived on the west coast? In the mean time keep your saw off the carpet-big dog doesn't like sharing his house:-0

Almost every saw I have ever owned has leaked bar lube to some extent. Some worse than others. I just kept cardboard on the shelf where I stored them, and changed it out when it got nasty. Since none of the saws have a shutoff valve for the oiler, I guess gravity and resistance are what causes some saws to leak more or less than others.

Back