• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered Super 920

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't ship a lot of stuff , but every time I have, there is no difference between UPS, USPS, Fedex. Ship sticks advertises 39.99, but they are full of it. 50-70$ just like everyone else.

Going to see about letting this one go. I went through this saw from the case up a couple years back and it got anything that it needed at that time, crank seals, gaskets etc.

It has been upgraded with a 930 top cover and air filter setup, it also has some custom bar studs to use regular 9mm slot big husky bars and the clutch cover has been bushed for the studs also. The wimpy 1/2" square muffler outlet got replaced with a 3/4" round tube outlet and the inner baffles modded also.

My comp tester is leaking down again but I saw it bumping 160lbs. You can see in the photo this is a thin ring piston in top shape.

Its in top shape but you can tell its been used over the years but nothing broken just a dent in the clutch cover. It is one strong running 87cc saw. I don't know what else to tell, ya, ask any questions.

I would like $350 for the PHO plus shipping. If you want a bar and chain we can talk about it.

I'm not a Jonsered collector and I could stand to lose a couple saws that are not collectable to me that are just taking up space and not being used enough. View attachment 573240 View attachment 573241 View attachment 573242 View attachment 573243 View attachment 573244
I just bought a 920 about a month & a half ago. I have some questions about your mods. If you don't mind answering a few please email me [email protected].
Thanks.

I just bought a 920 about a month & a half ago. I have some questions about your mods. If you don't mind answering a few please email me [email protected].
Thanks.

You see in the picture where the 3/4 tube is put in place of the 1/2" square. You then need to open the baffle plate from the port hole in the back.

Looks like a great deal for a big work saw Mark. I had an 820 for a while, was a pleasure to use.
I for got what it was but I have an old relic bought at an auction about a year ago for you in my barn.

Hi John, You still in the same place? I have not been over that way in sometime, so I'm about due to.

You and I agree that this is a heck of a lot of saw for this money. No big deal, I rearranged some stuff yesterday and I got more room then I thought, so it can stay right here.

You see in the picture where the 3/4 tube is put in place of the 1/2" square. You then need to open the baffle plate from the port hole in the back.
I was more interested in the 930 air cleaner & cover swap. What purpose does it serve? I priced a new 920 air filter at $40, pretty steep for something that's not a K&N.

Where do you even find new 920 filters? The answer to that question is why you swap covers. That and the 920 filter is pretty lame to begin with. The 930 two screw setup is a tighter sealing deal and allows you to use commonly available filters--oem and aftermarket.

Chris B.

Where do you even find new 920 filters? The answer to that question is why you swap covers. That and the 920 filter is pretty lame to begin with. The 930 two screw setup is a tighter sealing deal and allows you to use commonly available filters--oem and aftermarket.

Chris B.
I think it was Lil Red Barn. He sells on eBay or through his own site. I found it when I googled Jonsered 920 parts.

Hi John, You still in the same place? I have not been over that way in sometime, so I'm about due to.

You and I agree that this is a heck of a lot of saw for this money. No big deal, I rearranged some stuff yesterday and I got more room then I thought, so it can stay right here.
Yes, paper work finally went through and I got this place bought last week. Glad of that, primarily as I don't know what I'd do with all my animals and junk if I had to move. Its a mess here mostly, but drop in some time. I'll be mowing quite a bit during the week, Saturday's usually I try to spend a fair amount of time at the house. U still have my phone # I expect, its still the same also.
Now and then I have some one approach me for a big saw, biggest I have now I'd care to sell is an Echo 650, so its possible might send you a buyer if it sticks around long.

Yes, paper work finally went through and I got this place bought last week. Glad of that, primarily as I don't know what I'd do with all my animals and junk if I had to move. Its a mess here mostly, but drop in some time. I'll be mowing quite a bit during the week, Saturday's usually I try to spend a fair amount of time at the house. U still have my phone # I expect, its still the same also.
Now and then I have some one approach me for a big saw, biggest I have now I'd care to sell is an Echo 650, so its possible might send you a buyer if it sticks around long.

I'll do that John.

Anytime someone ask a question it bumps your saw to the top I don't see the problem with that especially if your actually trying to sell a saw. Just my 2 cents.

Well maybe you should start your own sale thread and post all your opinions there? I have a saw that I would sell, then again if it don't I don't really care either, but then again I started a sale thread and don't care for it to be a open forum for other stuff.. My 3 cents.

Back