Jonsereds 49sp manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesPro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
Would anyone know where I can find a repair and maintenance manual for a Jonsereds 49sp ? Hard copy or PDF file, I'm not picky.
The sprocket will need to be replaced soon. I won't start that project without some sort of manual. Also, Is the best/only place to purchase parts like that on eBay?

I suspect the sprocket, bar, and chain type parts should all be available aftermarket from Oregon or other similar reputable aftermarket companies.

Hello,
Would anyone know where I can find a repair and maintenance manual for a Jonsereds 49sp ? Hard copy or PDF file, I'm not picky.
The sprocket will need to be replaced soon. I won't start that project without some sort of manual. Also, Is the best/only place to purchase parts like that on eBay?

Welcome to the site. I wouldn't hold my breath for a service manual for the 49SP......don't believe I've ever seen one. But we can supply answers to any question involving this saw. As for clutch/sprocket removal and replacement there are two options......either a spur type, where the sprocket is one piece with the clutch drum or a rim drive where the sprocket "floats" on a spline on the clutch drum and you only replace the rim sprocket. The latter is preferred as you can change sprocket diameter and/or chain pitch. Replacement rims 4-$5..... You will need a piston stop.....I use the metal type that screws into the sparkplug hole but there are others including a length of rope. Once you have a piston stop installed rotate the crankshaft clockwise until it is firmly against the stop then with a socket or box end wrench take off the nut.......remember this is a LEFT HAND thread so it will seem like you're tightening it but your not. You may want to remove the recoil cover while doing this so you can move the flywheel by hand and the starter pawls don't catch and give you trouble. Both types of clutch drums can be found on ebay easily....should be $12-$15.00

Hello,
Check your inbox for the ipl, owners manual and a small Clymer multi-saw manual that includes the 49sp.

I remember as a kid my dad traded for a 49sp with a scored cylinder. We ran opti-2 through it and healed the cylinder. Miss that saw.

I remember as a kid my dad traded for a 49sp with a scored cylinder. We ran opti-2 through it and healed the cylinder. Miss that saw.
Real nice saws........the only saw I have ever bought new.......in April 1978......long story....been told on this site many times......use it almost daily.....never ran better...

Now the carb is leaking fuel. Anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit? Maybe a rebuild manual as well? From what I've read it's a "Tillotson Diaphram" carburetor. However, Tillotson makes a LOT of carburetors. Would there be a serial number on the case or carb somewhere? I've found a few kits on eBay but I'm hesitant to purchase w/o knowing more specifics.
Not that I had anything else to do this summer. Hahaha

Latest posts

Back