• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Jonsereds 70e rebuilt top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upstate

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a 1980's ish 70e that I want to sell. My dad was the original owner and gave me the saw and it was a beast. He gave it to me when I was a younger man as the saw became too much for him as the compression made it too hard for him to start.
I let it sit for many years and thought I was doing a nice thing by passing it on to my son about a year ago. When I gave it to him I knew that there was an issue with the carb. It would still start right up but after running for a bit the fuel would collect in the bowl and start bubbling. My son brought it to lil red barn and they fixed it that issue. Shortly after getting it back though it quit working so he brought it back to lrb and they have now rebuilt the top end. So now after putting way too much money into it I am hoping (he has yet to pick it up from them) it runs fine.
I feel terrible and I told him we need to sell it and get a saw for him that has better parts availability.
If interested shoot me a note. He will get it back in the next couple of days and when he does I will post some pics. I think I have the manual as well.

I've got a 1980's ish 70e that I want to sell. My dad was the original owner and gave me the saw and it was a beast. He gave it to me when I was a younger man as the saw became too much for him as the compression made it too hard for him to start.
I let it sit for many years and thought I was doing a nice thing by passing it on to my son about a year ago. When I gave it to him I knew that there was an issue with the carb. It would still start right up but after running for a bit the fuel would collect in the bowl and start bubbling. My son brought it to lil red barn and they fixed it that issue. Shortly after getting it back though it quit working so he brought it back to lrb and they have now rebuilt the top end. So now after putting way too much money into it I am hoping (he has yet to pick it up from them) it runs fine.
I feel terrible and I told him we need to sell it and get a saw for him that has better parts availability.
If interested shoot me a note. He will get it back in the next couple of days and when he does I will post some pics. I think I have the manual as well.
Did the LRB use aftermarket parts or OEM for the rebuild? And is the saw still for sale? Very interested if so.

Back