jonsy 2149T vs. shin 488 vs. husky 55/346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armyguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK, men of vast knowledge and humor. I've been viewing these posts for some time and shopping around. I cut wood part time, mostly oak, and would like to get some feedback on these saws. I want a saw that will last. I paid $50 for a little used Shindaiwa 345 and its done pretty good for a $50 saw. So have at it guys.

I am assuming you are going to buy these new not used.
The best of them all is the Shindaiwa 488 probably, but it is almost impossible to find a dealer for parts/supplies.
After that the best value per dollar would be the 55. Very durable saw for the money
If you want high rpm cutting speed and are not going to be doing heavy cutting 18" plus get the 346XP. It is the fastest one here at the sacrifice of a little low end grunt.
The Jonsered 2149 is the same as the Husqvarna 351, which is the replacement for the 55 which was discontinued this year
good all around good cutting saw.

Thanks for the reply Huskyman. Yes, new saw. I priced some 026 Stihls in the area but they are high!!! I've got to go play in Louisiana for a few weeks and that shoul give me time to mull it over. I sure enjoy this website, especially all of the verbal sparring about brands and models. Makes for a lively day. Well, I'm off to finish clearing my food plot for the four-legged varmints.

Back