Jotul 500 Oslo dreaming!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not too sure that would heat my 2000 s.f. house very well or have the extended burn times that my $1200 (in 1999 or 2000) Pacific Energy Super 27 has.
Well, he could connect two of these side-by side, send them through one flue and add a damper to extend he burn time. That might be next on the redneck's agenda. :dizzy::laugh:

Here's our F500. We got it used a few years ago and just got it installed after our renovation. I have really enjoyed it so far. It could use more air intake flow with the doors closed (I've never had an epa stove so I suspect that's the culprit).

Attachments

• IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Here's our F500. We got it used a few years ago and just got it installed after our renovation. I have really enjoyed it so far. It could use more air intake flow with the doors closed (I've never had an epa stove so I suspect that's the culprit).
Yeah the epa stoves like popsicle sticks for firewood. Dryer it is the better they heat.

Today is the day boys! Hopefully the weather holds out and they can get it done. Pics to follow. If any of you have any advice on break in burns, I would love to hear them.

Today is the day boys! Hopefully the weather holds out and they can get it done. Pics to follow. If any of you have any advice on break in burns, I would love to hear them.

There is a break-in procedure outlined in the manual so I would follow that. Get yourself a thermometer that you can put on the top of the stove to keep track of temp. You basically start a series of small fires and gradually increase the temperature letting it cool to room temp in between.

They make a blower for it, but are fairly proud of it. There is a heat shield for the back that I'm guessing he didn't get since it's in a hearth. The blower blew air between the heat shield and the back of the stove. I found a cheaper blower with the same mount pattern that I was going to use, but things with the stove/house/marriage blew up in close order and I never got to try it. I never had much luck with overnight burns, had to load it every night in the wee hours to have a warm house in the morning. Box fan circulating air around the back of the hearth would work great if not so aesthetically pleasing.

Back