• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Jury duty

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
I have to report in tomorrow for jury duty. I did what I could to get out of it. No good.

Upside is, I don't have to be there until 12 noon. So, they'll shuffle us around from one room to another for a few hours. Then, we'll finally be called in to the courtroom and the judge will most likely ask us what we do for a living, as one of the questions.

I'll reply, retired LE, and chances are good (if I play my cards right), I'll then be excused. So it looks as if I'll be wasting an afternoon is all. :nofunny:

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
I got called once. Didn't want to go, either. Then some guy got up and gave us the welcome and a VERY inspiring speech about participating in our government process, etc. He was really good, and I started to get interested and looked forward to being a part of the process. But things were settled and we didn't have to go, so we all got sent home.

Next time I get called, I don't think I'll mind so much.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

I got called once. Didn't want to go, either. Then some guy got up and gave us the welcome and a VERY inspiring speech about participating in our government process, etc. He was really good, and I started to get interested and looked forward to being a part of the process. But things were settled and we didn't have to go, so we all got sent home.

I've participated in our government process enough to last me a lifetime. I'm over it!

NIP Group
PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I went a few times, sat around doing nothing, was sent to lunch and both times came back to be told "they settled out of court, you can go home". Made $9 each time, big bucks....

Have fun, maybe you'll have some interesting stories to tell us, who knows?!

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

Been on a jury twice.

Last time, a guy in the pool mentioned that he was a retired cop, and would probably be excluded; made him the jury foreman!

Philbert

Yeah.....that does concern me a bit. I usually tell the judge I tend to side with the prosecution. That pretty much always sends me walking. :)

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

If you live in a free state and can legally do so, open carry to the court house, check your sidearm at the door, and wear the empty holster all day for all to see. I have been called for jury duty but was never selected.

I know two guys that work security at the court house. My luck, one or both would be on-duty, I'd check my sidearm, and then they'd mess with me when it was time to get it back. :nofunny:

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have been impanelled twice. Once for a trial and once for grand jury. For retired LE, you seem to take a rather odd view of your civic duty.

turnkey4099

turnkey4099

Tree Freak
I have to report in tomorrow for jury duty. I did what I could to get out of it. No good.

Upside is, I don't have to be there until 12 noon. So, they'll shuffle us around from one room to another for a few hours. Then, we'll finally be called in to the courtroom and the judge will most likely ask us what we do for a living, as one of the questions.

I'll reply, retired LE, and chances are good (if I play my cards right), I'll then be excused. So it looks as if I'll be wasting an afternoon is all. :nofunny:
I got called once. I called them and explained thatI was ex LE. Haven't heard from them since, must have taken my name off the roster.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

I've spent countless hours in court and court houses as a state's witness and testifying as such. Too many cases to even recall. That was part of my job, so I did it.

Now that I'm retired, I want my time unencumbered. I don't need to be a juror. Plenty of others that can contribute.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

We had to watch a 30 min. video about the American Judicial Process and how as a US citizen, we are obligated to participate in our communities.

The sound (volume) could have been louder. I was in the back of the courtroom and it was hardly audible. :rolleyes:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

So doing your civic duty is just a royal PITA. Real classy statement for retired LE. You should be so proud.

I suppose I should have checked with you first before I made any comments regarding jury duty.

Ask ANY cop about jury duty, and if they like it or not. I did my civic duty for over 30 yrs., protecting boobs like you from yourselves.