ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Jury duty

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by 1Alpha1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Oh, I see the confusion now. You said “a gentleman asked” in your post. You must think me dafter than a stoned yooper to post anything personal on line. I think the proper response to any more of your troll questions is IDK. Not sure what that means as I don’t speak millennial but it sounds cool. I think.

2. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

Well now I got a letter saying that I had to register to see if I would be qualified to be picked for a Federal jury possibly in the near future. It kept stating "you are NOT being called for jury duty, this questioner is just to see if you qualify".

Great.....just great.

3. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Prob wont pick you.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  4. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

I so very much hope that you are correct!

And by the way, telling you will probably jinx it, but the old Bronco is running really good, not like 1 year ago!

SHHHHHHHH........QUIET.......Don't give him any ideas lol!!! :D :p :eek:

lone wolf likes this.
  5. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

They didnt want me I can tell you that!

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  6. full chizel

full chizel ArboristSite Operative

When i was picked for jury duty i walked in with my empty holster still on. One side obviously didn’t want me on jury and was sent home within 30 minutes, but i was ok with that.

lone wolf and Husky Man like this.
  7. CentaurG2

CentaurG2 Addicted to ArboristSite

Wow Federal jury. Best claim you are EXLE and skirt it or the next thing you know you will be dressed in a black smock seated next to Buzzi Ginsburg.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  8. Husky Man

Husky Man Addicted to ArboristSite

Oregon uses the drivers license to AUTOMATICALLY Register Voters, in 2014, we voted by an over 60% margin to EXCLUDE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS from getting drivers Licenses, just this week the legislature announced they were pushing a Bill to give Illegals the right to a drivers license, pushed by of Course DUMBOCRATS, and THAT is how Illegals get to vote in Oregon, get a Drivers License Get to Vote, you don't have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN, just get a License, get a Ballot.

Jury duty is also pulled from the DMV Drivers License data base.

Doug :cheers:

9. Husky Man

IDK = I Don't Know ;)

10. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

And what foolish personal stuff have I posted on the internet?

11. Husky Man

If they want Competent Juries, they need to PAY for it, I simply don't want to get Financially PUNISHED because someone ELSE (Allegedly ;)) Broke the Law.

At least when I lived in Multnomah County, they did consider Financial Hardship excusable, Clackamas County where I live now, doesn't care about the financial hardship jury duty imposes on a juror.

Clackamas County only pays $10 a day, the first 2 days, and $25 a day for the remainder, Helll, McDonalds would be fined so Fast it would cause a Sonic Boom, if they tried to pay an employee $25, Never mind $10, for an 8 Hour day, then on top of that, they CHARGE Jurors $5 a day for parking in the Courthouse lot:confused::surprised3:.

My employer will pay a 40 week for jury duty, but in the transportation field a 40 hour week is a MYTH, I typically work 55-60 hours a week, when I was called for August of 2017, it was for a scheduled Month of Grand Jury Duty, I figured that even with what my employer paid, I was stihl going to lose over $2,500 for that month, because someone ELSE broke the Law? The only reason I got out of that was because we had Vacation plans, and it was to visit a Family Member that was Stage 4 Lung Cancer, who we lost not 6 weeks later:(:(:(, they would have had to Arrest me to get me in that courtroom, and it was just deferred, when I was summonsed again in November, I fortunately didn't get selected:):):)

My Wife got a summons about 2 weeks after mine, she is self employed (Hairstylist) with her own Salon, she would not only not get paid during her jury duty, but would stihl be responsible for her Salon Lease and utilities, again Nope Financial Hardship is NOT Excusable:mad::mad::mad:, fortunately, she didn't get selected either:):):)

I would be interested in serving, IF I wasn't getting PUNISHED for doing it. Under the current terms, you best not commit any crimes that I am a Juror on, unless you are DAMN convincing, if I'm on a Jury, I will tell them up Front, I vote GUILTY, Please Wake Me Up for Lunch and at Quitting Time, Thank You Good Night. If You're in Court, there was likely ample evidence that there is a REASON for you to be there.

Tobystihl likes this.
  12. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

You better hope that you, or someone you care about, do not end up on the other side of that defendant's table, facing a jury of your peers (as described)!
    'Guilty' or 'innocent', as well as many civil matters, are not always that cut and dried.

Philbert

13. Husky Man

All I am saying is don't Punish the Juror for the misdeeds of others, and that is how the system, at least in my area is set up. Like I said if, any business tried to pay people what the court wants to pay jurors, they would get slapped with a HUGE FINE, but if it is the Government doing it, it is OKAY, because there is no one to penalize them for the same action.

Compensate me FAIRLY, and I would be Happy to serve, and without any Prejudice, Legally Rape and Sodomize Me like that, and my attitude is different.

If YOU can throw away $2,500-3,000 or more in lost wages, Please do Volunteer and serve, for many of us that is a fair amount of money to lose because of the misdeeds of others, Could I survive, YES, should I be Penalized for the actions of others? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I would serve, I just don't want to be Punished for doing it.

At least recoup some of the costs by making those found guilty, responsible for all the costs, including that of Properly compensated jurors, by property forfeiture if necessary.

14. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

They certainly spend enough money on Prisons!

Husky Man likes this.
  15. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Just read my posts on political take that with you and tell them thats how you feel and you wont be on the jury !;):ices_rofl: Joke!

16. Husky Man

Oh don't worry, during jury selection, they will get my views on the jury system, and politics, I don't imagine many defense attorneys would WANT me on the jury, I wont hide any of those views, they will know Exactly where I stand;)

lone wolf likes this.
  17. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

"Good your just our man" :p:eek::clap:

18. Husky Man

I would imagine that a defendant would have a solid case for a mistrial, if his Attorney didn't choose to remove me from the jury pool, on the grounds of Incompetence of counsel.

19. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

Delete that post.

20. Husky Man

Why?