• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Jury duty

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
And when they ask why?
Because as I already said, I would openly ADMIT to being PREJUDICED before the Trial, and would Openly ADMIT that I would NOT be a FAIR and IMPARTIAL Juror.

Any Defense Attorney that would decline to Eliminate me, WOULD BE INCOMPETENT,

I am a HUMAN, not a machine, feelings and Emotions are part of being Human, I would just be HONEST about those Feelings, if they want to Fault me for that so be it, I would still be HONEST about, they Really can't ask for more than that. The alternative would be to not say anything, and let my Prejudices prevent the defendant from possibly getting a Fair Trial

Doug :cheers:

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Because as I already said, I would openly ADMIT to being PREJUDICED before the Trial, and would Openly ADMIT that I would NOT be a FAIR and IMPARTIAL Juror.

Any Defense Attorney that would decline to Eliminate me, WOULD BE INCOMPETENT,

I am a HUMAN, not a machine, feelings and Emotions are part of being Human, I would just be HONEST about those Feelings, if they want to Fault me for that so be it, I would still be HONEST about, they Really can't ask for more than that. The alternative would be to not say anything, and let my Prejudices prevent the defendant from possibly getting a Fair Trial

Dont worry they aint going to want you I can tell!

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dont worry they aint going to want you I can tell!
Oh I could be a Fair and Impartial juror, and would probably find the experience interesting, IF the jurors were treated as Fairly as the defendants expect (Jusifiably) to be treated.

But as the system exists in my area, no I would not be a Fair or Impartial juror, and I would openly Admit it.

I am NOT opposed to Jury Duty per se, I just don't want to be Punished for being a juror, and I do consider a potential $3,000 loss of income, as Being Punished for an other's actions.

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jury duty is a civic duty, and what prevents the court system being turned into a kangaroo court system.

In Canada, the lawyers can only make their decision by looking at you, and they have a limited number of rejections. The juror only talks to the judge if asking for exclusion and only answers questions from the judge.

Im not sure, but an open defiance of the integrity of the court or the system would be frowned upon by the judge (with a possible contempt of court charge).

If you ever end up in court, I bet youll want want more than retireds and unemployeds on your jury. If elon musk (insert your favourite billionaire) got called for jury duty, should he be compensated hundreds of thousands for his time.

derwoodii

derwoodii

Tree Freak
Website
www.arboristsite.com
got called up 10 years ago, twas very interesting to be part of the justice system. I was in a pool of 120 culled to 30 that walked into the court room. The defendant and lawyer looked at me I looked at them,,, thinking to myself immediately hah this is a criminal,,, and i was selected.. He got off as no solid proof his word vs hers scenario..

What was bizarre as next day as i walked to court house the defendant approached me in the street & some others on the jury wanting to speak about the case i just told him to **** off he was just half fwitt petty thief for drugs..

This was reported to the jury admin they explained it will not help him at all