Just A Smiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We cutting a load of poles. Stihl MS 661 vs Jonsered 2159. I had the 2159 he had the 661. I cut 10 chords of wood he cut 2. That 661` sounded it was hitting the rev limiter. What a great feeling to smoke that 661. Morel of the story I will stay with old school as long as possible. He left me the 20 inch plus wood and picked on the smaller stuff.

The 661 he would have to hold it wide open for a few minutes. It then seemed it would run legit for a bit. I would of smashed it if it were me. I know everything has problems this occured every 20 minutes or less .

glad u had a good time, most all saws in smaller wood cut semi equal ..it's with long bars and in big wood , the Stihl would shine, not to rain on the Jonsered saws , as they are spectacular, and the Husqvarna 359 is a shining star ... :)...by the way i would run some of the new saws ....... before you make that presumption , that they are all NOT that bad , as i also had the same conclusion until doing so ....

Glad you had fun but the 661 should have left the 2159 in its dust all things being equal. Something wrong with him, his saw or his chain.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Glad you had fun but the 661 should have left the 2159 in its dust all things being equal. Something wrong with him, his saw or his chain.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I get the 661 would of blew my 2159 out of the exhaust. Im just saying Im not impressed with electronic saws. I ran a Husky 550 bog,bog before it would rev up. The way that 661acted it may become a hazard. Who wants a 1000 pounds or more of tree above their heads with a faultering saw.

the
I get the 661 would of blew my 2159 out of the exhaust. Im just saying Im not impressed with electronic saws. I ran a Husky 550 bog,bog before it would rev up.
i have owned a few of the 550 xp saws never had a bog issue, or any issues at all , i would recommend trying another later model saw ............

Some of the early husqy auto tune saws had teething issues, it wasnt all of them. I own a 2012 model 562xp, it's been flawless over the years, till I wore it out. Now that I've rebuilt it it's back to loving the saw, and how it works. Thankfully were all allowed to have different opinions (yet). Cheers mate.

with the comments of of a 359xp ( jonsered equivalent ) , the smoking a 661 in the cut , the out of exhaust comments ? , the 550 xp that bogs , not wanting to try or have not tried new saws , ill bow out ..something seems retarded here , might just be the saw/saws..o_O

Some of the early husqy auto tune saws had teething issues, it wasnt all of them. I own a 2012 model 562xp, it's been flawless over the years, till I wore it out. Now that I've rebuilt it it's back to loving the saw, and how it works. Thankfully were all allowed to have different opinions (yet). Cheers mate.
also had a 2012 562xp those sometimes do have issues, early models , depending on the models of the carb/module/coil , the one i owned also was flawless..many have had issues , don't know of any with the 550xp however......

with the comments of of a 359xp ( jonsered equivalent ) , the smoking a 661 in the cut , the out of exhaust comments ? , the 550 xp that bogs , not wanting to try or have not tried new saws , ill bow out ..something seems retarded here , might just be the saw/saws..o_O
I own a ported 359 as well. It's a mighty saw for its size. I keep it as backup as it will not die for some reason. I do like my 562xp better. Ymmv

Latest posts

Back