Just bought my stolen saw back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Back in August I was robbed and 5 saws were stolen, including my treasured Jonsered 2065, which my father bought brand new in '98.
In 2008 I rebuilt the top end using an NWP 52mm BB kit, which I mildly ported myself (thank you arboristsite).
I truly love this saw and it has witnessed more father-son bonding than anything, except Budweiser.
I was devastated when it was stolen.
So weeks past, and I decided to replace it. I've been cruising eBay for a decent 2065/71 or 2165/71. Then Monday, I found it... MY SAW for sale, being shipped from two towns away!! There are very distinguishing features that cannot be coincidence.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSERED-2...416155?hash=item1a8343eb5b:g:TkkAAOSw9TFdaWJ8
So I contacted my assigned detective, explained the deep sentimental value of it, and with her blessing, I bought it. It just arrived!
Upon positively identifying it, the detective is already moving to get a subpoena and a warrant.
The return address doesn't exist, and the name is from a 78yo lady that died in January 2018! This could topple a sizable crime ring.
I'm just happy to have my favorite saw back.

IMG_20190524_193812727.jpg

I remember when my son was 6 he had his new dirt bike stolen from our garage, called the police gave a report and was told that it was probably already taken apart and being sold.
I scoured the neighborhood and low and behold this piece of crap kid actually pulled out in front of me on it, (good thing he didn't figure out the throttle restriction screw was still in)I lost my mind and yelled for him to stop but he tried to out run me so I clipped him with the big tires on my truck.
Needless to say I got it back and to add insult to injury he had to pay restitution for the damage to my sons bike!

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Congratulations on bringing her back home. Hope those crooks get nailed bigtime!

If you do a buy it now, will he allow you to pick it up? Can police contact ebay for ip address? Could paypal refund your money and get a response from seller? I would make it my mission, looks like miss may have a lot of stolen items for sale in North Carolina.

Very cool you recovered it and I hope the crooks get what’s deserved.

People laugh at me when I say there’s a large scale fencing operation around here. Seasonal places get absolutely cleaned out during the off season and nothing is recovered. Only two pawn shops that aren’t very large so not getting dropped there. And doesn’t usually show up online.

My wife’s aunt had a trailer (a rather rough homemade trailer) stolen out of their yard. Three months later it showed up online about 90 miles away. She called the PD local to the trailer’s location. They went out and got the trailer with the response “we know that guy quite well” but I don’t believe he ever was prosecuted.

Lmao total piece of sh*t person!!!!!

Btw that is a damn good lookin saw, I’m glad you have it back :)

Look at all the toner cartridges!!! Not only are they stealing from people they are stealing from stores! Shoplifters and B&E thieves.

You should offer to buy a whole bunch of stuff and say you need it in the next day. Shipping won’t make it in time so offer to pick it up and get an address.

Then go and burn that house down and do everyone in the world a favour!!

Thats great you got the saw back. Even though the situation sucked. At least you got it back. Cant put a price on something with sentamental value.

Now i hope the cops catch that retard that stole your stuff and lock him away.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back