Just finished building an 056 Mag II....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It's 11pm Saturday night and I just finished assembling an 056 Magnum II that I bought months ago, sitting in a box disassembled with a toasted P&C. I had gathered up all the parts I needed here and there to finish the build, so tonight was assembly night.

This saw has seen VERY little use and the only thing I painted before assembly was the muffler....The rest of the saw is just cleaned.:msp_thumbup:

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

I can't wait to get this thing in some wood!!!...........:rock:

Last edited:
Yeah, I had saved a nice used P&C from another 056 mag and transplanted it onto this one with a new set of Caber rings.

I just gassed it up and fired it.....OMG this thing runs sweet!:rock:

awesome:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup: you got a period bar to go with it?

awesome:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup: you got a period bar to go with it?

I don't have anything "period" that's NOS, but I have a decent "Made in West Germany" Stihl bar.......I'm not too fussy about the bar anyway.....Half the fun for me is building these saws and then cutting some wood with them....I've never built a true "shelf queen" yet.

I don't have anything "period" that's NOS, but I have a decent "Made in West Germany" Stihl bar.......I'm not too fussy about the bar anyway.....Half the fun for me is building these saws and then cutting some wood with them....I've never built a true "shelf queen" yet.

west germany. right on. time to update you saw list in your sig.

Either that 056 was a low-hour saw when someone toasted it, or they took real good care of it.

I spread a little rep around :heart: :msp_ohmy:.

Very nice. Thought it was a typo, and you meant ms 650. Make's sense now.:rock: I used to have a 056 super. Ran it for along time, was real happy. The 056's were ran for along time over here, and the 56mag 2 had a huge fan club. Everybody I knew around here, used em, or owned one.:clap:

Latest posts

Back