Just finished restoring a 362xp special.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great, brother! I am looking to rebuild my 362 xpg special. From where did you order your parts? And are you happy with how the installation went? Anything you'd do differently?

It has all oem parts other than the bar. I figured a tsumura bar would be better than the oregon husqvarna oem bar. It didnt need it but it got a new 372xp top end. Bolted right on with no problems.

New 372 piston and cylinder. New muffler and full wrap bars all oem. New aftermarket bar and chain and 8 pin sprocket. I have $300 invested. Good saw for $300 bucks and a couple hours messing with it?View attachment 822137View attachment 822138
Travis, new member & diy youtuber here! I loaned my 362xp out and it was filled with straight fuel, now I need to do a rebuild. I purchased my saw new in 05, I am not sure if its the special or not. My question is, could I use the bigger 372 cylinder & piston in mine also? Thank you

All the special means is a side mounted chain tensioner rather than the front. You can use the non x torque cylinder, piston, and ring set for it. I would advise you to buy all oem parts for it. Should be able to find one in the 160 range.

All the special means is a side mounted chain tensioner rather than the front. You can use the non x torque cylinder, piston, and ring set for it. I would advise you to buy all oem parts for it. Should be able to find one in the 160 range.
Thank you Travis.
I was wanting to do a BB if possible, like to get the most out of it seeing i have to do a rebuild. Do you have any recommendations or reasons to why I shouldn't?

This is the Ebay part number for the kit you need. Should have everything but spark plug and decompression button. Yours are reusable and will fit on this.Screenshot_20201219-165504_eBay.jpg

Thank you Travis.
I was wanting to do a BB if possible, like to get the most out of it seeing i have to do a rebuild. Do you have any recommendations or reasons to why I shouldn't?

What do mean by bb?

Probably means big bore. The oem cylinders are the only ones I'd consider. Some of them will be a "big bore" compared to the original setup. Don't buy a big bore aftermarket cylinder thinking it will be an upgrade.

Probably means big bore. The oem cylinders are the only ones I'd consider. Some of them will be a "big bore" compared to the original setup. Don't buy a big bore aftermarket cylinder thinking it will be an upgrade.
Yes big bore Travis, at least I think I seen bb on here, lol.
I am a non!
Awesome Travis I sure appreciate that..I sure wish I would have paid better attention to my Grandpa while he was rebuilding saws out in his shop!

Yes big bore Travis, at least I think I seen bb on here, lol.
I am a non!
Awesome Travis I sure appreciate that..I sure wish I would have paid better attention to my Grandpa while he was rebuilding saws out in his shop!
Just do me a favor. Dont turn it into a chinese husqvarna. You wont be happy with it.

Back