ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Solved just got error messages trying to get in via Chrome and Firefox

Discussion in 'Support & Announcements' started by singinwoodwackr, Nov 26, 2018.

1. thook

thook ArboristSite Operative

okay...no difference going directly through gmail and clicking on AS notifications. still no reply box trying to use cyberfox.

what's cloudflare, btw? is this some format ya'll have recently gone to? i mean, if you've been using cloudflare all this time, then probably my cyberfox installment has just gotten buggy. my wife has a host of cleaners i can use. maybe that'll correct some files if they've gotten currupt

i'll report back

2. Todo10

Todo10 Administrator Staff Member

Please try to use Chrome, Firefox or Opera web browsers. They are the most common web browsers so it shouldn't be a bad idea to stick to them.

3. thook

not trying to be obstinate about your suggestions, but there's reasons i don't have chrome or firefox set up on my computer and that cyberfox is my default. to my limited recollection and understanding, it has something to do with the age of my computer (maybe, on that), the OS (modified version of windows 7), and program usage/compatibility/interface dynamics. my wife has a big time IT friend that's helped her with those details as well as, for sure, tailoring both our systems to quite specifically minimize and/or eliminate unwanted intrusions...like data mining and whatnot. i know that can create issues, but nothing in my system has been purposely changed for long time(other than email) and this problem's only very recent

having said all that, i do have opera and chromium is working. maybe i'll just have to have my email program route my notification links to open up in chromium or opera. kind of a bummer, though, since i like using cyberfox and all my bookmarks are there for research, communications, and general surfing purposes

anyway, i'll run some registry cleaners and have my wife look at it.

4. thook

okay.....lemme see how well i can relay my wife's tech 'splaining...lol!

first off, she's going to install vivaldi portable since cyberfox has a tendency to become unstable, anyway. this i've noticed when i've had a number of tabs opened at once and when having a high volume of speedial bookmarks...which i do. starts hanging up and "not responding" necessitating closing and reopening of the browser or rebooting the system entirely. anyway, vivaldi is based on the same format as chrome and variations without so much system invasion...eg. it's very clean. she explained it's just as nice to use as cyberfox with all the same features i've come to like about it, but it's...again...more stable and it's more compatible with current website format interfacing

secondly, the current opera version i have is an older one based on the original opera owner's technology. it was very good, originally, but the internet has changed. and, apparently the newer version/s have issues with invasiveness that may not be a problem in practical terms for people with more current systems, but it is on ours even if just mostly on philosophical principles....ie. web tracking and that crap.
    and, on chromium...well, it's just still on my computer because she loaded it a long time ago and needs to delete it. in her words, "oh man...chromium sucks"...hehe. i have to agree. there's things i didn't like about using it which caused me to go to using cyberfox almost exclusively. anyway, she's gone to using vivaldi for most internet purposes and using some other portable browsers as supplement for specific things

lastly, as i'd speculated, she'll set up thunderbird to redirect the notification links and transport pertinent speedial bookmarks to the new browser. she had other details to possibly explain AS posting issue.... or atleast simply solve it regardless of explanation, but...meh...went over my head like a mach III aircraft

thank you for time, gentlemen. i'll update soon as my system has been reworked

5. Todo10

Todo10 Administrator Staff Member

If the upload a file button is displayed on opera and chromium, this mean the problem is with the cyberfox web browser and not a problem with AS

6. thook

fair enough. i'm sure something just got corrupt in my system. maybe a driver or something. heck ....i dunno..lol

i'll let ya'll know what happens

Todo10 likes this.