Just had my first climb with my new gear.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have news for you, that's a fall arrest harness(look it up). It's not mean't to be suspended in for long periods. Can't imagine the seeds feeling to good in that. My only advice (not that I expect you to listen to it) is take the advice of the pros like lego great humility, it could save you one day. This isn't no joke.

I have news for you, that's a fall arrest harness(look it up). It's not mean't to be suspended in for long periods. Can't imagine the seeds feeling to good in that. My only advice (not that I expect you to listen to it) is take the advice of the pros like lego great humility, it could save you one day. This isn't no joke.

:spam:

Guy my life is my bottom line. I'm not putting myself in things that don't work especially if my life stops there and then. I'm not so stupid that I can't keep track of everything that is going on. I'm certain that if you are still alive, I'll be doing much better than you are now in five years. Every post you put into this thread has had no self-supporting evidence to back it up.

I know I'm getting a little off the starting blocks here, but is that a photo of your dad? Your posts seem to have the resemblence of him.

Anyway, I can always appreciate the trash talk and then some firm orders from bafoons floating to and through the internet forums. No really. I never get enough of your kind, and certainly know one thing about your kind. You guys never get tired of yourselves. So you keep on bringing your never ending supply of dog doodles to me and my threads, and I will continue to provide you with the most elaborate and entertaining posts of true commitment to appraising the kind of mountain you definately are worth.:monkey: "Who, me?"

Guy my life is my bottom line. I'm not putting myself in things that don't work especially if my life stops there and then. I'm not so stupid that I can't keep track of everything that is going on. I'm certain that if you are still alive, I'll be doing much better than you are now in five years. Every post you put into this thread has had no self-supporting evidence to back it up.

I know I'm getting a little off the starting blocks here, but is that a photo of your dad? Your posts seem to have the resemblence of him.

Anyway, I can always appreciate the trash talk and then some firm orders from bafoons floating to and through the internet forums. No really. I never get enough of your kind, and certainly know one thing about your kind. You guys never get tired of yourselves. So you keep on bringing your never ending supply of dog doodles to me and my threads, and I will continue to provide you with the most elaborate and entertaining posts of true commitment to appraising the kind of mountain you definately are worth.:monkey: "Who, me?"

I have plenty of self-supporting evidence to back me up, like this one of the front page of the mercury newspaper pottstown pa from five years ago. This isn't my first rodeo:bringit:

This post is the icing on the cake.

FTA you have shown over and over again that you lack sufficient skill to climb trees, let alone with a chainsaw. The harness you posted above is, as NCTREE told you, a fall arrest harness. It is designed as the equivalent of a seatbelt for use when steel rigging or working in an EWP. That you have worked in this does not make it safe, it just means it is now worthless as the life saving tool it was made to be.

I took the time to look over the gear in your album and again, it has little use for tree work especially for a newbie climber.

There have been many knowledgeable people who have tried to give you good advice which you have either ignored or worse, spat back in their faces. I am done with adding fuel to the fire. You are a troll of the worst kind.

To any new climbers who read this thread or for that matter any of FTA's other threads, please do not follow his path. Athletic ability may get you up a tree but gravity will bring you down much much faster.

url

1311-L.jpg

That's what I've been using. It gets the job done.

Ladders, they can get me into the trees, and I can make my way up from there, but there are a lot of instances where the ladder will not do. For instance in trees where there is a gap from limbs that I can reach by climbing with no ropes or spikes to limbs that can't be reached by climbing without a rope and harness.

Thus far I've actually only encountered one tree that I could not ascend the whole thing with out extra help. I took 10' inch spikes, and made steps to reach the crown. Tree was a removal.

I have encountered jobs to do bids on where the trees were the real statues of liberty so to speak, but of course I had to turn down those. Some of the customers asked why I would turn down the work. :dizzy: I look forward to taking on those jobs in the near future as long as they are not over any structures for the first string of them.

Did you say 10' spikes? I assume you mean 10" spikes which...still makes no sense (?)

This post is the icing on the cake.

FTA you have shown over and over again that you lack sufficient skill to climb trees, let alone with a chainsaw. The harness you posted above is, as NCTREE told you, a fall arrest harness. It is designed as the equivalent of a seatbelt for use when steel rigging or working in an EWP. That you have worked in this does not make it safe, it just means it is now worthless as the life saving tool it was made to be.

I took the time to look over the gear in your album and again, it has little use for tree work especially for a newbie climber.

There have been many knowledgeable people who have tried to give you good advice which you have either ignored or worse, spat back in their faces. I am done with adding fuel to the fire. You are a troll of the worst kind.

To any new climbers who read this thread or for that matter any of FTA's other threads, please do not follow his path. Athletic ability may get you up a tree but gravity will bring you down much much faster.

Very well said, this guys on a path to self destruction! The only use for that harness is for a bucket truck or some other sort of aerial device requiring a fall arrest harness. Get yourself a real harness for real tree work, go take some courses or get an experienced climber teach you before you hurt yourself! I know you talk about safety and mean well, but people are trying to help you here,listen to them, and take their advice!

Did you say 10' spikes? I assume you mean 10" spikes which...still makes no sense (?)

Ya, 10 inch spikes. The're basically really big nails.

OOMT, You think you are the perfect role model yet I know you are far from it. I've researched your post history before, outofmytree, and you are a notorious troll. I could heap up at least 10 post in under a minute right here that reflect the broad spectrum of trollish virtues. You don't even have a right to call me a troll. Besides, you're just some girlie boy that has a complex about guys. It shows in all of your spiteful posts.

Calling me out as a troll is a true reflection of you trollish virtues. Anybody can see that I don't take trash talk or being bossed around very easily. Any new guy that can't figure out what is REEEEEALLY going on here is an idiot anyway. He can climb for you. You're such a jerk that you'll probably take out a life insurance policy on him to be sure to catch his fall with something that pays.

Tree Co, yes I have those ah ha moments. Here is another one, but as far as the saddle go they are workable. I haven't seen proof that they are not. Anyone could have found some specs and shown them right here, but they don't exist.

I know some of you guys are still applying to an objective conversation and staying on topic. I'll only reply to those post from here out.

By the way, I'm not the most dangerousesis guy in the "whoe wi world" contrary to what the bum rap trolls have to say about me. Why are we discussing me like I'm some detriment? Because it's convenient? Nobody has even shown me proof of my detriment here, so.... Discuss climbing and rigging, you baboons.

Very well said, this guys on a path to self destruction! The only use for that harness is for a bucket truck or some other sort of aerial device requiring a fall arrest harness. Get yourself a real harness for real tree work, go take some courses or get an experienced climber teach you before you hurt yourself! I know you talk about safety and mean well, but people are trying to help you here,listen to them, and take their advice!

They mean well? There's more to them and there agendum in the forums than that. It's not any better than that, but it is something else other than that as it is in all internet forums. The nature of the beast.

By the way some of these guys are OK and on topic. I can't say that enough.

What kind of lanyard were you using with that harness? Do you find yourself free climbing to bridge the gap in your ladder scenario?

What kind of lanyard were you using with that harness? Do you find yourself free climbing to bridge the gap in your ladder scenario?

I use two lanyards. One is a 1/2 inch rope tied onto saftey clips that can be untied and adjusted to fit the size of the tree. The other one is basically the same thing, but the clips are fixed. I use them both at the same time. There is always one on the tree at any given time until I can get two on it. I like safe habits.

I've only used the ladder to get into the bottom branches. Actually I'll use the ladder to shape canary date palms and queen palms too. The shaping process is so tedious that a ladder is the only way to shape these trees, and I can't spike them anyway.

Nearly everything I've been doing is free climbing with the lanyards. I've only encountered one tree I couldn't free climb, and I decided to use 10 inch spikes for climbing steps. That was what pushed me towards the complete climbing gear and methods, so I started doing my research online. I know exactly what to get and where to learn now in order to get to any height possible. It just takes time to get it all have it all and learn it all. I'm working on the climbers companion right now as a matter of fact.

Last edited:
This nut is so clueless.....he drove 10" spikes into the trunk and used them as steps to climb the tree. WOW!

Who are you last posters? The princesses of woodland dancing?

I employ a tactic known as "get the job done." The 10" spikes/nails worked, and the job is done.

I'm not exactly the tree climbing panzy in hot pink gear and other assorted neon colors. I'm a guy that is doing a dirty job without yielding to hollow opinions at the AS site. If dynamite is applicable, I will blow the tree out of the forest instead of calling the tree dancers to get done for me what I could get paid for. Nails, ladders, rocket packs, appolo 13... I don't care. I'm willing to work for these people up to my limitations. You people need to just do what ever the boss tells you to do.

Who are you last posters? The princesses of woodland dancing?

I employ a tactic known as "get the job done." The 10" spikes/nails worked, and the job is done.

I'm not exactly the tree climbing panzy in hot pink gear and other assorted neon colors. I'm a guy that is doing a dirty job without yielding to hollow opinions at the AS site. If dynamite is applicable, I will blow the tree out of the forest instead of calling the tree dancers to get done for me what I could get paid for. Nails, ladders, rocket packs, appolo 13... I don't care. I'm willing to work for these people up to my limitations. You people need to just do what ever the boss tells you to do.

What if you had to descend in an emergency and you had all those nails sticking out of the tree? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back