Just how silky is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reachtreeservi

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one of the silky sugoi 360 saws, application will be mainly for cutting stuff (small and medium) out of the way when ascending the tree.Maybe also doing some triming by hand when it's too awkward to crank the power saw. Anybody have experiences using one of these. Is it worth the price? Anybody recommend something better?

I didn't like the Sugoi at first, but I've grown to like it quite a bit now. One thing I like about it is that I attach a smaller Silky Pro Sentei to the Sugoi and I then have two saws, both on the leg.

It was just a lot bigger than the saw I had been using. I really like it now, just took some getting used to. I would personally recomend the Sugoi.

i need a new setup too... my cheapo handsaw got dull real quick...plus it just hangs of my belt in the scabbard and gets in the way....how is it with having the saw strapped to your leg? Doesn't get bothersome?

Not really, it stays out of the way most of the time. The nice thing is, no matter where your saddle is twisted, your saw is always in the same spot. I hated chasing down my saw/scabbard when my saddle got twisted.

1I'dJak said:
....how is it with having the saw strapped to your leg? Doesn't [it] get bothersome?

About the leg...I got a Sugoi about a year ago...first time I used it I put it on my leg. Soon after, I was working with my climbing line, tugged it to clear a loop off a limb or something and saw a falling flash below me. I watched the saw tumble about 45 feet. Luckily, nobody was below and it didn't hurt the saw.

I now wear it on my Ness, just behind my left D. You gotta be careful about the "hook" on the handle...it is easy for rope or something else to snatch it out of the scabbard.

The saw itself is great...handles well and cuts very well.

little late, but hey...

I love my Masaru. Been on the same blade for a little over 2 years. Broke a few teeth, but still sharper than the Stihl and Fanno jerk saws i've got. Like the scabbard too. I climb on a no frills Buckingham saddle and I like to lace the saddles belt through the scabbard. Keeps it out of the way but still in an easy to reach spot. Everytime.

Latest posts

Back