just ordered 2 ms660 china chain saw from china 15 days a go will get them epacket from china

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4.4 pounds

Additionally, to qualify for ePacket delivery, the package cannot weigh more than 4.4 pounds (2 kg), and the merchandise being shipped cannot exceed $400 in value. The package also must be shipped from either China or Hong Kong to one of the 44 eligible ePacket countries.Feb 26, 2020

Tracking was updated yesterday, confirmed delivery in the united kingdom. Lol. Dh gate is refunding my money. Oh well, $50.00 experiment didnt work. At least there wasnt any loss on my part. Kinda bummed about it, would have liked to play with one of these cheap saws a bit.

Well, that's unfortunate but not unexpected. Glad you'll be made whole.

How does the scammer make money off that? Does DHGate transfer the money to the "seller" and then the seller disappears, and DHgate refunds the money to the buyer and is left holding the bag?

Tracking was updated yesterday, confirmed delivery in the united kingdom. Lol. Dh gate is refunding my money. Oh well, $50.00 experiment didnt work. At least there wasnt any loss on my part. Kinda bummed about it, would have liked to play with one of these cheap saws a bit.
Well crap. I could've used a couple of cheap saws for 1 job then cared less if they worked or not after that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well, that's unfortunate but not unexpected. Glad you'll be made whole.

How does the scammer make money off that? Does DHGate transfer the money to the "seller" and then the seller disappears, and DHgate refunds the money to the buyer and is left holding the bag?
Tbh I have no idea. If it works like ebay the money has to stay in your paypal account for so long before it can be transferred to your bank account (for sellers)

Send out a thousand of those fraudulent "orders", 50 people are going to flub off and not demand a refund in time and the scammer gets the cash. The failure rate must be low enough that they get some kind of ROI. I keep thinking it seems like a lot of work and they should just go get a job flipping burgers, but I think that's too first world centric. Maybe it's someone living in a mud hut somewhere in the third world, who saved up for months to buy a solar panel and a cellphone, where working 10 hours for one successful $50 scam is a damned good living compared to planting rice for $0.30/day.

One of the interesting things about the uk is customs will actually confiscate saws. I bought a dolmar from there and it was confiscated. The seller lost a saw and I got a refund.

I'm on a camp stove forum(yup it's a thing) and shipping stoves from the UK to the USA via Royal Mail is quite hazardous. Anything that ever contained fuel is considered potentially dangerous and can be seized and destroyed. Losing a $30 item isn't a big deal, but sometimes it's the only known example of an item and is simply impossible to replace for any amount of money.

Best way around it thus far has been to make sure there's NO fuel at all, not a whiff. Disassemble the stoves and call them "brass parts" or similar vague but true term, and then fingers crossed.

I'm on a camp stove forum(yup it's a thing) and shipping stoves from the UK to the USA via Royal Mail is quite hazardous. Anything that ever contained fuel is considered potentially dangerous and can be seized and destroyed. Losing a $30 item isn't a big deal, but sometimes it's the only known example of an item and is simply impossible to replace for any amount of money.

Best way around it thus far has been to make sure there's NO fuel at all, not a whiff. Disassemble the stoves and call them "brass parts" or similar vague but true term, and then fingers crossed.
this is true, i wanted to post a car fuel/injector rail, and they refused even tho it was empty
i had to go to another post office and declare it as a metal bracket

I ask the mods to eject this racist from the board. Racial slurs have no place in civilized conversation. I’m a US Marine and correct people in person when they diatribe racist drivel after finding out I fought in Iraq. The America I fought for rejects racism. Referring to ANY group of people using demeaning language is ignorant and offends sensible, fair people. Throw this guy out.
Pfffft! six post and you're wanting someone throwed off. :dizzy:

Pfffft! six post and you're wanting someone throwed off. :dizzy:
But hes a marine and corrects people in person...[emoji23][emoji23].

Living in a Navy/Air force town...some of the coolest most laid back, vocally outspoken people are Marines, but it does get old when anyone tries to push their holier than thou ideals on people around them.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

We all know he doesn't. Someone with so little standing in real life that he has to come on a message board to thump his chest, and pretend to get the vapors over some guys talking like guys do, just so he can tell himself he has some authority in the world, isn't the kind of person to do anything in real life.

He needs to read Jordan Peterson's work on dominance heirarchies, then figure out how to increase his own standing in a heirarchy that has solid, real world meaning. That'll actually give some validation to himself and his feelings.

Hint: message board BS ain't it.

Living in a Navy/Air force town...some of the coolest most laid back, vocally outspoken people are Marines, but it does get old when anyone tries to push their holier than thou ideals on people around them.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Send him my way i got a box of crayons for him. Even though i grew up in a navy household i use to hang around all of them.

You said it yourself man, EPA. They legally can't. I'm sure you can get most of the parts individually as parts and put it together yourself, but your cost will be enormous.
Husqvarna and Stihl could make available more kits for rebuilding their saws using high quality OEM parts if they wanted. They could work harder at making older saw technology available if they wanted. China is succeeding so why not Stihl. The obvious fact is they do not care what people want they want to sell what they want to sell. It is their right to do as they want. They know that the newbs will by modern stuff with out any noise. Thanks

Back