Just pulled the trigger on this.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure we are allowed to link product websites on here?
But on Forester's own site they list several bar tips and the one that looks most like the bar above has a single rivet- 45 degree shoulders and a part number printed on the tip that reads ORT38.....
Looks pretty Oregon like to me.

But hey, if the price is right, it holds the chain on the saw and does not wear /bend like Trumps opinions..... all good.
be nice is there waa still a dislike button here......

Yeah the Forrester Platinum bars are decent bottom shelf bars. But I wouldnt be paying over $100 for anything 'Forrester' period. They are not related to Tsumura in any shape or form, the Chinese RSN noses.can be produced in any design, they copy stuff that's what they do. In this case its a nose used on Powermatch bars by Oregon and also used by Carlton on their German Speed Tips. The Canadian ST's are the traditional Windsor pattern. Forrester also stole the Windsor pattern form their 'Pro' RSN bars. Im not a big fan of brands that do that sort of stuff but the few Forrester bars I have, have been all right certainly a level above most of the Chinese garbage.IMG_20200331_012444.jpg

Yeah the Forrester Platinum bars are decent bottom shelf bars. But I wouldnt be paying over $100 for anything 'Forrester' period. They are not related to Tsumura in any shape or form, the Chinese RSN noses.can be produced in any design, they copy stuff that's what they do. In this case its a nose used on Powermatch bars by Oregon and also used by Carlton on their German Speed Tips. The Canadian ST's are the traditional Windsor pattern. Forrester also stole the Windsor pattern form their 'Pro' RSN bars. Im not a big fan of brands that do that sort of stuff but the few Forrester bars I have, have been all right certainly a level above most of the Chinese garbage.View attachment 812525
Yeah, thanks.Was hoping these guys got a few more days of bargain-seeking glory. At least until their orders were delivered and the proof was hard to avoid.

Back