Justify a Bucket Truck Purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes there are way to many lazy people here, but i do like pruning in a bucket because im still kinda green i dont like climbing with out spurs.

For the most part pruning in a bucket is a huge pain in the ass. There are many exceptions when pruning near wires, shaping large ornamentals, etc. But if you're just taking off some deadwood and stripping it out a bit a bucket will just get in the way. When doing a removal if something's in the way of the bucket or boom you can cut it off.

For the most part pruning in a bucket is a huge pain in the ass. There are many exceptions when pruning near wires, shaping large ornamentals, etc. But if you're just taking off some deadwood and stripping it out a bit a bucket will just get in the way. When doing a removal if something's in the way of the bucket or boom you can cut it off.

I just hte pruning and climbing because i like my spurs but 9 times outa 10 i can use a bucket if i can get it close.

I manage a tree business with 3 crews. We've been in business for seven years and continue to grow. I'm trying to justify the purchase of a bucket truck to the owner. Is anyone aware of a spreadsheet available that I could use to prove that purchasing a bucket trruck would increase our profit?

WHy not rent one from Penske for a while to see how it works out for you? It may work better than a spreadsheet?? They have a branch right off of 30E and 340 by High Steel. Not sure if they do buckets there or not tho. The main utility office is in Pottstown Pa which is only an hour away. They also have all different sizes so you are never stuck with a truck that is too big or small. They change the oil and tires and if it breaks they bring you out another one so there is minimal downtime.

Is it that i spelt hate wrong? or that im still green because i don' like climbing with out spurs?

Hi, Who taught you to use spikes, (spurs as you say), Taught you to gear up and do what? The guy that taught you was probably trying to do you a favor, but in this biz, You would be called a "Hack", don't get mad, I mean, you probably are because of your teaching, but you can still redeem youself. Take off the "spurs" and provide real tree care.
Jeff :)

to be dead honest bud. and this coming from the arbor grim reaper mind you but climbing spikeless is just that much better.

I get you im not a girl i can take it, but i like it I don't know if its the security feeling but I just do better with spikes i move faster maybe its because im young. But everyone says that to me that im nuts to like spikes more than non spikes but isn't it all personal preference?

I get you im not a girl i can take it, but i like it I don't know if its the security feeling but I just do better with spikes i move faster maybe its because im young. But everyone says that to me that im nuts to like spikes more than non spikes but isn't it all personal preference?

This is getting hard to resist!

guys i can non spur climb, and my dad and my god father taught me how to climb. I can spur climb i just dont like to and if i prune and climb i never wear spurs and i have never pruned with spurs on.

guys i can non spur climb, and my dad and my god father taught me how to climb. I can spur climb i just dont like to and if i prune and climb i never wear spurs and i have never pruned with spurs on.

Well, I guess you better stay in Milford. I heard you state don't does not recognize professional tree guys, like guys with cert's, hmmmm.

Back