Justify a Bucket Truck Purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easiest way I've found to move around freely in the tree is a main climbing line in the middle bowlined to the base of the tree and a secondary line I take up and use doubled.

lol. no man. what are you climbing on saddle and climbing system wise i'd assume is what he meant.

yup...If I know what you're on, rope-wise, knot-wise, saddle-wise it's a bit easier to decipher why you aren't digging on the spikeless ####.

yup...If I know what you're on, rope-wise, knot-wise, saddle-wise it's a bit easier to decipher why you aren't digging on the spikeless ####.

i got this saddle but a older looking one http://www.blueridgearboristsupplies.com/product.php?itemID=776

for descending i only got a grigri and ascending i use a petzl asender

rope i use a serling i think theres a few we use but i like this one the best

We have cared alot of rock climbing gear into the tree care field its alot safer in my option and easier to use in most cases

i got this saddle but a older looking one http://www.blueridgearboristsupplies.com/product.php?itemID=776

for descending i only got a grigri and ascending i use a petzl asender

rope i use a serling i think theres a few we use but i like this one the best

We have cared alot of rock climbing gear into the tree care field its alot safer in my option and easier to use in most cases

Your saddle's decent, I'm not on anything much better myself, the grigri is ####, just use a figure 8 and save the hassle, never heard of your rope and rock climbing gear can transfer to the tree world but it's not the best. When you go DRT what hitch are you on?

Your saddle's decent, I'm not on anything much better myself, the grigri is ####, just use a figure 8 and save the hassle, never heard of your rope and rock climbing gear can transfer to the tree world but it's not the best. When you go DRT what hitch are you on?

the grigri rocks and i have no idea what a DRT is but the knot i used to climb on before i bought those devices is the klem i liked it, sliped once and haven't used it since

the grigri rocks and i have no idea what a DRT is but the knot i used to climb on before i bought those devices is the klem i liked it, sliped once and haven't used it since

So you telling me that you only climb SRT, using your Petzl ascender to get up, then switch over to your grigri to come down? How do you anchor your rope on single technique? Do you back up your ascender with a prussik? What kind? How did your klemheist fail? Was it dressed and set properly? C'mon man, inquiring minds need to know!

So you telling me that you only climb SRT, using your Petzl ascender to get up, then switch over to your grigri to come down? How do you anchor your rope on single technique? Do you back up your ascender with a prussik? What kind? How did your klemheist fail? Was it dressed and set properly? C'mon man, inquiring minds need to know!

Yes i switch over i just keep both on and push the lever part on the grigri when im going up, i don't back it up, it didn't grab i think i tied it wrong that's part of the reason i switched i sucked at tieing that thing,

Back