KFC Slaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it blended and mixed well. :rock:a dipped taste test of the 'batch'... confirmed definitely on the right track! 'lip smacking good!'
PB080012.JPG

thanks again for your post TNT - good timing. good tasting, too... KFC coleslaw is good stuff. in my experience over the years... at a variety of KFC outlets... some made it bit dryer, some bits bit bigger... some more moist like mine. always crunchy and tasty! I like it anyways, but moist best... and only 60 calories per serving!

......:numberone:

Image result for Image KFC Coleslaw

TNT - So glad you like it, and thanks for the great review

oh yeah - hard not to like KFC slaw...

I did not measure mine as to being 8 cups. also, i used more onion and a bit more carrot than recipe called for. I had another recipe i was working on too, calling for cabbage. so I used the wetter inner cabbage saving the outer greener leaves for my 'ham hocks and cabbage' dish. but I have a 4 cup measuring cup and seemed that it would at least... fill it twice mixed the sauce in it... at first taste test of the sauce I thot it was a bit sweet. so I added a teaspoon more vinegar and a bit more lemon juice. initially I used 3 Ts lemon juice. did that before adding sauce. from my perspective, that 'correcting the seasnings' got the flavor on the $. also was not conservative with the mayo level in the 2 cup measuring cup. lol ;) I checked on it around midnite, spoon in hand. thot I would just have some of the 'juice'. but, could barely get any to flow into spoon. so, into the batch for a 'deeper' test went the spoon! couple of spoonsful flowed nicely into my mouth! yum!! and as I gently shook the bowl... it had a consistency a bit like fresh poured wet cement. moist but intact. haven't checked it today.

as a side note... I had been working on it 30/40 mins or so in kitchen. the QB was watching some show on tv. then came in and said... 'omg, something sure smells good in the kitchen!' KFC coleslaw in the making, recipe off the saw site. I said... ;)

well, have a nice day. you know what the side is for today on our menu! ~

:drinkingcoffee:

Maybe it’s in your slaw you just can’t realize the tang is in it. Either way I like good slaw.

I been dying for bbq ribs, pork or beef short ribs.

I gave it a whirl and thought it came out real good. I'm normally opposed to onion in coleslaw what so ever. This has such a small amount that it accents vs overpower. Haven't had the food processor out in ages. Quarter of a cabbage at a time, all pre-minced. I added an extra carrot, and a little extra S/P and dash of extra sugar to adjust for the size cabbage that I used.

Thumbs up.

Me too, rarely use my little food processor. For this, I have to first cut the cabbage into small pieces and then put a little at a time in the machine - if I overload it, it won't work well. No biggie, doesn't take much time at all and it all comes out finely chopped. I add more carrot, too. I do the same for my split pea soup... I add a whole bag of carrots to one bag of peas. :)

"hmm, I know there are some peas in there...somewhere!"
Image result for image chunky carrot soup

lol - to get my small GE chopper to chop, I had to cut the cabbage into small pces, as well. at first I thought anlrolfe said he could mince his... quarter cabbage at a time. now I see... reads after mincing.

well, we made a dent in the slaw, but still got about 1/2 left.

There is just no way I could stomach the KFC slaw. If you got to put sugar in it to make it eatable, something is wrong. Reminds me of folks that put sugar in their cornbread, that's another no no in my house. I'm diabetic and have gotten to where I don't put sugar in anything and my taste has developed to like it that way.
My wifes recipe for slaw is very simple. Cut cabbage with a knife into little pieces, no chopping. Add salt, pepper, and mayo and your done. Carrots and cucumbers if you got them, and tomatoes when their ripe. Dad would add little pieces of apples.

Back