KIlled one in the woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I killed a black snake in the shed today. First one ever, shed is only 3 years old. About 4 feet long as round as a roll of quarters shot its head off with a shotgun. Before you guys say it "dont kill black snakes" I kill them all the only good snake is a DEAD one. They are on the move it was 89 degrees on Sunday,

I must say i would not be sad if you met the same fate as the retile you murdered.

Yup if it is poisonous on my farm dead I don't kill them in the wild unless they bout get me.
Non-poisonous are just ignored or played with a while and let go.

Luckily there is no such thing as a poisonous snake, or poisonous animal of any kind for that matter, poison is ingested, venom is injected.

Taken from the web:

Animal toxins that are delivered subcutaneously (e.g. by sting or bite) are also called venom.

A single organism can be both venomous and poisonous.

The derivative forms "toxic" (i.e toxins or venom) and "poisonous" are synonymous.

:monkey::crazy1:

The only good snake I've ever handled was on my snakeskin boots.
I've had close calls with rattlers and water moccasins.

just call me Indy...I hate snakes!

I am one of the few that have No fear of snakes granted, I live in a area with only the Prairie Rattler as a poisonous snake. Same goes for my fear of Spiders I even had a Black widow as a pet! But my fear are Yellow Jackets and Bald faced Hornets or any big Bee! I run like a little girl!I have been known to shoot at bumble bee's with a shotgun.A load of 9's works very good!I think it's that buzzing sound and colour of the bug.
I freaked out once parked in a parking lot with my hound in the truck he got bit by a yellow jacket and yelped. The Wasp was flying around the windshield and the hound was mad too and snapping at it. I took a swing at it with the side of my fist and broke the windshield of the truck, I just wanted it dead.
I always have a can of brake clean around for dealing with Wasps.
I have been bitten by the lowly Garder snake as a kid just because I was pestering them lol.

I must say i would not be sad if you met the same fate as the retile you murdered.

Says the guy that has an avatar that's a spitting image for Jeffrey Dahmer.... or Charley Manson, close enough anyway.

ETA: Oh and since you're getting all technicilaty on us, the word "murder" specifically only applies to human beings, not animals

:greenchainsaw:

I am one of the few that have No fear of snakes granted, I live in a area with only the Prairie Rattler as a poisonous snake. Same goes for my fear of Spiders I even had a Black widow as a pet! But my fear are Yellow Jackets and Bald faced Hornets or any big Bee! I run like a little girl!I have been known to shoot at bumble bee's with a shotgun.A load of 9's works very good!I think it's that buzzing sound and colour of the bug.
I freaked out once parked in a parking lot with my hound in the truck he got bit by a yellow jacket and yelped. The Wasp was flying around the windshield and the hound was mad too and snapping at it. I took a swing at it with the side of my fist and broke the windshield of the truck, I just wanted it dead.
I always have a can of brake clean around for dealing with Wasps.
I have been bitten by the lowly Garder snake as a kid just because I was pestering them lol.

I'm allergic to bees...cuts me out of a career in forestry...have dam near died from stings on two occasions...sorry 'bout my bad luck!

i found you.. what that guy was trying to say is ..well he's just being a smartass.

What he don't understand is; he is messin with someone who can set on a lolipop and tell what flavor it is :laugh: Constrict that reticulate python head and may venomous ivy contact your lol. By the way, killing a snake in no way resembles friggin murder are you a card carrying peta member?

What he don't understand is; he is messin with someone who can set on a lolipop and tell what flavor it is :laugh: Constrict that reticulate python head and may venomous ivy contact your lol. By the way, killing a snake in no way resembles friggin murder are you a card carrying peta member?
Excellent Rope!!...rep to u

Gettin a little nervuos lookin at the pics are ya. lol I will agree on the killing of all the poisenous ones especially around the house. I'm not a snake lover just ain't scared of them like wasp. WASP, WASP okay now i'm shaking..lol

:agree2: I used to be a rattlesnake handler back in the day, wading around a pit full of them didn't bother me one bit, but yellow jackets scare the hell out of me. Crawling into a deer stand, I'm looking up for wasps, not down for snakes, lol.

More power to you guys in venomous snake country.Do not think I could be a very deer hunter in that kind of country.Seeing something 4-6 ft long and as big as my wrist slithereing along and being poisionous to boot gives me the heebe-jeebe's.Call me what ever you want it don't matter.bees do not bother me though.

We also have the dreaded Recluse spider, not to mention several other poisionous snakes besides rattlers.

We also have the dreaded Recluse spider, not to mention several other poisionous snakes besides rattlers.

And armadillos! Those things are weird.

At least you don't have the platypus. I don't think their venom is deadly, but they're pretty creepy!

94548-004-C7D19019.jpg

Back