KIlled one in the woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The takeaway for me is that he just like snakes, esp. with his username. I'll leave it for someone else to quip that a poor attitude toward woman results in some serious time spent snake handling.

:greenchainsaw:
LOL, Wonder what kind of snakes he's handling, Maybe why he don't need women.:dizzy: Also sounds like he's pizzed cause he has to work.

Dude, There's nothing wrong with liking reptiles but do you have any idea how weird you sound. Wishing women were as smart as the first snake. I like reptiles myself, but you gotta think a little. What if you had a copperhead in your yard and he stays around. Let's pretend that you have a wife and kids(which i doubt). Are you gonna let the snake stay and possibly bite your kid or wife You gonna tell your wife the snake is smarter than her and tell your kid that if you play in the yard and get bit it's your fault for being in the snakes territory. Come on man, You have to get rid of the snake for your familys sake. That's what most people are saying here. Not many go out looking to kill them but if their endangering your home and family you have to eliminate the possibility of encountering one in the yard.
I do NOT have to get rid of the snake, as a matter of fact i have a moral obligation to make it as safe as comfortable as possible. And my wife and kids are supportive! Of course if they want to see a venemous snake, they have to go no farther than the snake room ( the back bedroom) and we have a wonderful family of Reptiles including Hot snakes. One of my favorites is my naja naja kaouthia. The planet would cease to exist without these wonderful creatures. The possiblility of seeing one in the yard is one of those joys that make life worth living. In Missouri as well as many states its illegal to kill a snake.
albino_mon_cob2_108.jpg
cobra.jpg

Snakesmall.jpg

Last edited:
Having poisonous snakes is like having a pitbull

Both are ok til they turn on you or a loved one..

I do NOT have to get rid of the snake, as a matter of fact i have a moral obligation to make it as safe as comfortable as possible. And my wife and kids are supportive! Of course if they want to see a venemous snake, they have to go no farther than the snake room ( the back bedroom) and we have a wonderful family of Reptiles including Hot snakes. One of my favorites is my naja naja kaouthia. The planet would cease to exist without these wonderful creatures. The possiblility of seeing one in the yard is one of those joys that make life worth living. In Missouri as well as many states its illegal to kill a snake.
albino_mon_cob2_108.jpg
cobra.jpg

Snakesmall.jpg
Kinda figured you had some as pets, What the heck is a hot snake. Only hot snake i've seen is one that's sizzlin on a fire. Naja Naja kaouthia, :dizzy: Ok, Now tell us what that is. You are right on they are illegal to kill. It is not a joy to see a venemous snake in the yard. I just hope for your familys sake they don't get bit by one cause you think they are sexy and the world will die if you get rid of it.

:agree2: I used to be a rattlesnake handler back in the day, wading around a pit full of them didn't bother me one bit, but yellow jackets scare the hell out of me. Crawling into a deer stand, I'm looking up for wasps, not down for snakes, lol.
I am so glad I not the only one!
The only time I will see a rattler is during the Sept Antelope hunt and I do see lot's of them too, but the Early morning just like the Wasps they cant move because it is too cold or at least they move very slowly. The Antelope have taken a beating here the last few years because AB is the farthest North you will find them Thanks Global warming The winters are getting worse!If you want to see Rattlers here the Milk River Valley heading into Montana is the place to be.But in that area with few tree's my arch Nemesis's the Yellow jacket live in abandoned gopher holes.

Back