Kinetic Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wowzer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I was searching the Google for some ideas for a Kindling Splitter, and then I thought why does it need a gas motor, 110V would probably be fine, and then I found this on Range Road, I know it's Chinese knock off import. BUT does anyone on here, or anyone have a buddy that has used his product for 649$ Canadian Peos it's not a bad option.

http://range-road.ca/products/log-splitters/rr7e-splitr-dun-kinetic-log-splitter/

I like it! however, 7T is not very much splitting power. I use 12T and while it has done very well for me over the nearly 40 years that I have owned it, works like brand new still... :) there are times when fresh oak will push it to its limits. knots n burls, too. I only split oak/pecan with it. in such cases, I choose to 'paint' my wedge and the chunk's contact point with some gear oil... and then it splits what was not parting... with ease! :D. so... like everything... there are good points and bad points. while the vid shows splitting with ease, the wood is old, soft and no doubt a camp axe could do the job just as well. maybe one of those $19.95 jobs off Amazon... the kinetic splitter is easily mobile, but has a light duty stand, wheels. 1.7 hp on 110-v is not energy efficient, but I did like the sound of the elec motor on start up and ops. quiet. if mine, i would still wear ear plugs! I do like the 2-hand control system, in part for safety... so in all actuality, the deal is it is a light duty splitter. within their design window, should do its job reliably. up at the farm, I have a 15T I think it is, manual splitter. I never would want to do a cord on it, LOL.... but with care, and attention... etc, it is handy for some splitting chores... now n then! buy it if you like it, just be aware of its limitations... think of it like a saw. I :heart: my Echo CS-271... powerful, hot and light... I use it often, but I would not go to fell a tree with it. no doubt it could do the job, but not very efficiently...

caveat emptor!

I have a Wallenstein I mounted on a trailer. just looking into making / buying something for kindling. to give myself a project.

I make a lot of kindling! I prefer old cedar fence boards... makes the best kindling. camp axe to split. I was thinking of this machine as being ideal for making kindling. no doubt, even if some adjustments req'd.... would, could, should do the job well.

I never run out of kindling...
P7200010.JPG

but, me personally... I would not cut loose with 700US just to make kindling.

I’ve had my eye on one of those small kinetics but $650 is way too much IMO. They are all over alibaba in the $2-300 range or less in volume. I saw some in the states for $350 for a minute and suddenly they disappeared. Timber Champ was the name I saw most. I would probably be a buyer at $300.

I thought it would be cool to set up in the garage for kindling and respliting, not as my main splitter. So far that duty has been delegated to my light Fiskars splitting axe for resplitting and a box of fatwood for kindling.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Kinetic+splitter

Latest posts

Back