Kubota Oregon wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My cousin bought an Oregon 14hp splitter from his Kubota dealer 2 1/2 years ago. First year he split about 5 cord and loved it. Second year, the love joy went out, but was covered under warranty. This year the love joy went out again and they want $380 to fix it. Total for 3 seasons of splitting is less than 15 cord. I told him the only reason they go bad is if they aren't lined up perfect. My 22 ton Huskee does 10-15 cord a year, for 10+ years, and it's love joy is fine. Any recommendation on who to quote for him to argue it's not his fault?

My cousin bought an Oregon 14hp splitter from his Kubota dealer 2 1/2 years ago. First year he split about 5 cord and loved it. Second year, the love joy went out, but was covered under warranty. This year the love joy went out again and they want $380 to fix it. Total for 3 seasons of splitting is less than 15 cord. I told him the only reason they go bad is if they aren't lined up perfect. My 22 ton Huskee does 10-15 cord a year, for 10+ years, and it's love joy is fine. Any recommendation on who to quote for him to argue it's not his fault?
$380 to fix coupler?
Sounds like a Kubota dealership

Had to replace mine a week ago. The spider failed and then it was steel on steel. Might have run an hour that way. The wear was substantial without the spider in between.

Upgraded from an L-095 to an L-099. The L-095 was not rated for the 13Hp of my engine.

$20 for each steel piece and another $20 for the spider.
10 mins with the Allen keys and back in action.

43c54c589c4c09ada07bc0402b44aaf6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back