land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEah it is. I got my mill from chainsawbars.co.uk Not too expensive delivered. He also have milling chain for decent prices. If you have a a lot of ash, you may want to go that way. Our Ash dries very fast, and can be used for construction within a couple months of being milled in 1" sizes. So keep that in mind. I'll put up some photos of furniture once this stuff seasons. I do have an outdoor bench I am making that doesn't need to season since it's so thick, so may have that up in a bit. I have to go out of town the next few weekends, though, so dunno when I will be getting around to putting it together.

Great idea reindeer,when firewood sales go quite this might be another avenue to go down,i'm sure there are a lot of other uses for it,i had it advertised a while back for hurleys online,i had a lot of nice ash butts with the bends on them requiried but i never got any calls...so i got fed up waiting on a call for it to be sold as hurleys,didn't seem to be much demand and as sure as i type this as soon as i had the lot finally processed in to firewood BOOM the calls came in enquiring about the ash for the hurleys.........:O

i'm talking ash i had sitting there for 6months or more..... so i did try!

Ain't it always so? hat woulda been perfect for hurleys at 6 months, too. And at the price I have seen hurleys go for, they prolly woulda done well to go to you.

Now, I find myself in need of a decent planer. Mines gone to pot. :(

It's been hot lately, by Irish standards. Not many of us want to go out into bogs and cut trees for firewood as of late. I've been working up the mountains on spruce. But, otherwise, we are all just enjoying the awesome Irish summer.

large.jpg

Ba-a-a-a-!

Long time,hope you all are well,i have been cutting since,but as it's my full time buisness now and i am around saws all day the novelty has worn off to want to update so much,i go home in the evenings and i want to get away from saws lol

But it's good to be able to come back and post some updates i suppose.

I have been as busy as ever,still cutting in same spot (pics to follow) and cutting for other customers.
My 365Special is still going strong and had never given me any trouble,really and truely an amazing chainsaw.

Here is a short vid me cutting in to a seasoned very hard Ash tree with it.

Vid won't embed,i don't know why....anyway here is it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=35&v=As1bcZ0Camo

Thanks seven sleeper,yeah it's good to be back,i have a lot of updates and this site is a decent place to share such pics.

Summer in ireland has been a wash out or sorry 'what summer' lol..... nothing but rain, but it didn't stop the work with us,i have been busy with firewood sales again this summer,but the hardwood supply is proving to be tough due to the adverse weather conditions.

Where i cut the hardwood the wet land has slowed me down to the point where stock is low now for the coming winter,anything i will be selling will have to be cut and sold fresh,so most definately won't be this years firing,maybe some will choose to burn it but it's up to them this year to season it or not themselves.

Access to where i wanted to cut was limited too as i didn't want to make too much of a mess driving in and out of the land and the farmer /owner was fussy too about this.

However,there are areas where i can cut away but getting the wood out is going to be a challenge!

For now my only stock is turf and softwood,i have been busy cutting a lot of softwood and have took part payment for one clean up job two artic loads of spruce to take home to process,yes the storm done major damage in one area locally and a side of a forest ended up in a farmers field,that was a tricky clean up job,the foalage on those spruce trees are slow work!

PS
I hope my old friend reindeer is doing ok and keeping busy! :)
And the same goes for everyone else here who used partisapate in this thread,you know who you are.

Cool pics OP. I guess I didn't realize there were many trees in Ireland. Those kind of look a little brushy, but at least you have something to burn and more importantly something to cut. ;)

What kind of stove do you have OP? I like the Nissan. The only real Nissan SUV we get here is the Xterra and I believe they're canceling it.

Thanks for the comments and kind words,i would have updated more but i had a laptop crash one time and i had lots and lots of pics lost on my pc,that really upset me at the time and i lost intrest,but i now have a new laptop so it should be easier...

This Nissan has some amount of work done,it's a great vehicle to stay going,never gives any trouble and now i have recently got a larger trailer too.
A tipper,so now i take out larger loads of wood too.

@ NC cutter,i have a medium size blacksmith stove,the door of it is around 2ft wide so it's large enough to take a good sized log.
You need it here the bitter winters we get.

Here is the trailer i recently got,i had to do some work on it such as get motor rebuilt,and new tyres and one set of wheel bearings,but it is working great now,it is a good few years old but the chassis is all treated when it was built first day so it can't rust,the body is alloy with drop sides,& i think the chassis it's alloy dipped or something like that..

Some times my brother gives me a hand too with his modified landrover defender,that is some animal offroad!

Attachments

• Patrol defender.JPG
    Patrol defender.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 39
  • TRAILER 1.jpg
    TRAILER 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
  • trailer 2.jpg
    trailer 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33
A job i recently done,started off on the phone with the customer saying ' ahh they are small enough trees' lol...

They were two fine big ash trees and to make matters worse,they were left here to season/harden for up to four years,in places at limb ends they were rotting,but the whole tree them selves were fine and like steel to cut,no problem to the 365sp though...

I really need to get a larger saw now too for these bigger trees,mmm....maybe my next investment!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 27
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG