Large Chip Deflector MS462?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinSL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know what chip deflector comes with the MS 462R? I ordered the larger clutch cover and need to get a chip deflector that will fit. Not sure if ones from any other saws will fit.

Hope you don’t mind me tagging onto this old post, but I need some help finding a large clutch cover and chip deflector for a MS 500i.

I believe it’s the same large clutch cover as the MS 462R, but I can’t find that part number either.

If anyone has one for sale or could help me out with the part number, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

[From the previous post above, I believe this is Chip deflector part #: 1142 656 1501]

By the way, for those of you that went from the small to the large clutch cover, did you notice much of a difference? I cut a lot of dirty and/or dry wood doing clearing work so I was hoping the larger cover would keep a little more debris out of my face by comparison. Thanks again.

Old post, just came across it. I'd in the same boat...my 500I chip discharge can be pretty distracting when felling. When bucking I can side-step the discharge. Lindley, if you did go with the 462R cover, did it make a difference in discharge? Most on this forum prefer the WCS covers, but I'd like to use a Stihl cover.
Thanks

Old post, just came across it. I'd in the same boat...my 500I chip discharge can be pretty distracting when felling. When bucking I can side-step the discharge. Lindley, if you did go with the 462R cover, did it make a difference in discharge? Most on this forum prefer the WCS covers, but I'd like to use a Stihl cover.
Thanks
A 500 and 462 use the same clutch cover...

Back