Large pine removal advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you're tying your hitch correctly. That's not a blakes. Also buy yourself a damn helmet. You can get one for less than $50, no excuse.
As for your micro pulley problems do the little prussik cord thing and it will be adjustable for where you want your hitch. Or you could buy a few feet of tech cordage while you're ordering your helmet and make an eye to eye and learn some different hitches.
Your right its not a blakes but to be brutally honest back in the day and even now I tie stuff all the time that isn't a blakes lol. I remember 2 over one under in the 80s to be frank It really don't make a lot of difference as long as its dressed and a stopper knot placed on the tail. Fake Blake,backwards taunt line , 2 over 1 under they all brake. I like a smaller line for my split tail though as same size will slip on you.

Your right its not a blakes but to be brutally honest back in the day and even now I tie stuff all the time that isn't a blakes lol. I remember 2 over one under in the 80s to be frank It really don't make a lot of difference as long as its dressed and a stopper knot placed on the tail. Fake Blake,backwards taunt line , 2 over 1 under they all brake. I like a smaller line for my split tail though as same size will slip on you.
See here was a ropen blakes with a half twist :p I'm retiring that slip tail same size as climb line slips lol.ropenblake.jpg

Well- April 2 I started asking for help and this last weekend and about 10 practice tree's later I've climbed and rigged down the limbs from those huge pines and hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll start rigging them down!!! Been quite the adventure- Learned tons- Still lots to learn but the work is interesting and requires an amazing amount of focus!!! My gear has even improved- On a zig zag now, no more blakes the sap is just too brutal to deal with!!! The tallest Pine in the middle ended up being 107Feet!!! Just wanted to post an update of the progress cause there was a lot of people helping on this one either thru negative support or amazing advice!!!!

Attachments

• image1 (004).jpg
    image1 (004).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
Ok so you don't have a climb line to repel out of the tree ? From what I'm seeing here your not ready to do this job yet. You need to read more of that book and understand that internet advice on something this dangerous is not something a pro will risk his reputation on. Also; a better solution seems readily available in temporarily taking the fence down setting a pull rope and felling those trees. It is less dangerous and a heck of a lot easier, as well as faster assuming you have that skill set attained?
"a better solution seems readily available in temporarily taking the fence down setting a pull rope and felling those trees" The very best way for anyone, even the pros. Quick cheap, easy and SAFE

Back