Leaf blower, lot more useful than just blowing leafs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a Shindaiwa EB3410 blower right before the leaves start shetting, I put it to good use. Now I discover I can use it for drying my car and windows after washing so I don't have to hand wipe or let it dry and leave water stain.

I also use it to blow my garage floor also. The garage get very dusty all the time. Open the garage door, close the door to the house, wear a mask and start blowing from the back and move forward out the driveway. It work very well, Garage is full of stuff, moving all the stuff aside and sweep take a lot of time, I just blow all the dust out to the drive way in less than 5 minutes. Now this become a year round equipment instead of seasonal.

For people out there like me, treating these stuff more like toys than tools, sure give you a good reason to tell your wife you need a very good one!!!! Instead of a cheapy Craftsman, I got myself a Shindaiwa. Only regret is I did not get a stronger back pack instead.

I muffler modded my Homelite blower. The muffler was clogged up, so I stuck a screwdriver in there and poked a hole in it by accident. Damn thing is too powerfull at full throttle now. I use it on the carport floor too, and to clean the dust off the tractor (radiator on the Kubota fills up with dust all summer long). I had not thought of using it on the OWB, but that is an idea.

I muffler modded my Homelite blower. The muffler was clogged up, so I stuck a screwdriver in there and poked a hole in it by accident. Damn thing is too powerfull at full throttle now. I use it on the carport floor too, and to clean the dust off the tractor (radiator on the Kubota fills up with dust all summer long). I had not thought of using it on the OWB, but that is an idea.

Not the greatest idea but will get it rolling! I don't do it often
just when grates are clogging it will throw sparks but that is no
problem where mine is!

I also use mine to clear the grass and leaves out from my mower. It keeps the belt and pulleys from getting clogged up with them and my garage doesn't smell like a hay barn anymore.

i blow the snow off my cars,

with my husqvarna 170bt.that thing is insane.i also use it for all the uses stated above and more.leaves don't even have a chance.i clean my gutters out in seconds with it.

I am glad to hear other people find the blower useful. A lot of home owner buy mower and trimmer, very seldom buy a blower. That is same reason when I want to buy the blower, my wife question whether it is worth spending the money fo something only use for 2 months out of a year. Actually the blower give the final touch to the lawn. When you mower and trim, you leave loose ends behind. It looks unprofessional until you blow those away.

Very few tools can be multi-purpose. This is one of the very few. The other tool I found very useful is the rubber mallet!!!, the one for body work!!!, It is so useful we even have a his and her's!!! My wife use it for crushing nuts and other stuff for cooking, we keep a clean one in the kitchen. It can do any job that require a heavy hammer but with leaving any damaging marks on the surface.:clap:

Great for blowing off roofs, cabs & inside the work trucks,the left-overs after dumping the chip truck. Blow off your pants after climbing & cutting the stub or for patios, sidewalks, garages, workbenches. Great for cooling down when it's 100 degrees or above down here.

Also good for cleaning off powdery snow from cars, walkways, driveways, etc. Just make sure if using it to clean off the car that you have a GOOD plastic face mask.

I've used mine for cleaning the tracks on friends' excavators, radiators, and even for unloading material from the back of my pick-up.

I like to blow out clients' gutters while I am up there anyway. They like it too. $ :clap:

Blowers are also good with root crown examinations and cavity cleaning. Not as good as an air knife though.

i use one from time to time after i clean my harley...really good for getting rid of all the water that would cause water spots...really cuts down on the wipe down time 2

My backpack blower is good for clearing a couple inches of powdery snow from the walks and driveway.

Works good on light fluffy snow, I have fairly flat roof with steel on it use it on there all the time.
Also use it on the kiddy's after there mom gives them a hair cut,works great for getting rid of the leftover hairs.

i bet i use mine more than any other tool i have.

almost all year.i still don't understand why so many tree companies don't use them.i couldn't do the cleanups without it.i was doing a job this fall and the guy had a toro electric hair dryer out there doing his leaves.i snuck up behind him with my backpack and blew the leaves from behind him.they vanished and i laughed while he was looking at his blower trying to figure out where the mysterious burst of power came from.he turned around and saw me laughing and gave me a dirty look and then asked me what i had and where to get one.my dealer was happy when they guy came in the next week and ordered the same one i have.i hook my dealer up because he hooks me up. i should start getting a commission though.

Oh yeah! One of the greatest tools ever invented to get a roaring fire started in brush piles. Can even be used to steer the fire around to get to all edges of the pile.

Harry K

Yeah you ought to see what it will do with a fuel injector
and igniter put into the tube:hmm3grin2orange:
I use it to light cigars :laugh:

not very wise..............................

Yeah you ought to see what it will do with a fuel injector
and igniter put into the tube:hmm3grin2orange:
I use it to light cigars :laugh:

to give me ideas like that.

now where did i put those spare injectors?

aw come on,!!!! This sites going to get expensive , now I have a lot of reasons to go buy a leaf blower. Never needed one before

LOL. For the last couple of years I look at all the leaves and tell myself to go and get a leaf blower...then something else comes up financially and the leaves are done by hand another year. But after reading this thread with all the extra uses of a leaf blower, 'I's got's' to have one. :)

Kevin

Latest posts

Back