Leaf blower recamendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new leaf blower, mainly for blowing dirt and grass off the sidewalk and driveway. I will use it for blowing leaves away from trees , shrubs and other obstacles also. Not sure if I want a hand held or backpack type. I’m a husqvarna Guy ,but the reviews I’ve read weren’t the best . Redmax and echo seemed highly rated. Are these made in Japan? I’m really trying to stay away from Chinese garbage if possible. I was hoping to spend around $175 ish but may double that for something better. Looking for durability. Thanks

Can’t vouch for the Redmax but Echo is Japan. A backpack can sometimes seem like a pain putting it on and off but if you’re doing a substantial amount it’s much better than a hand held. I do some part time landscaping when a friend gets behind and his hand held can get heavy on large areas, doing a lot on hand switching. My house is woods on 3 sides, wouldn’t be without my backpack.

Thank you for the response. Is yours an echo? I know Home Depot sells echo chainsaws which I hear are good saws. I’m looking for something durable. Are there big box store versions and better quality dealer versions? I’ve never seen an echo dealer.

Not supposed to be any difference between box store and dealer IF you are comparing the same model. A dealer is a plus if you need support. Home Depot should carry backpack blowers. Echo in my opinion is a quality product. Go to the Echo website and find a local dealer.

I have 2 echo units. Believe the backpack is the 770 and the handheld is a 255. Both work excellent and have been trouble free for the last 3 years. They get a good workout with us living in the middle of a woods. I use the backpack for the big areas and the handheld for beds and tight spots. I have the leaf shredder and gutter attachments for it, so it's super handy. I'm sure any of the major brands will treat you right.

Thanks for the response’s. I just pulled the trigger on a husky 360 bt off of the bay. Gotta pretty good deal . Why do they make a 360 and a 560? . Sounds like they still make both.

I have a Makita 4 stroke bhx2500. It's like 9-10 years old.
Starts on the first or second pull. It gets used around the house
about 40x a year. I also maintain a tennis court every week for friends.

Make sure you have goo ear protection.

If you have any neighbors you dislike, wait to use the leaf blower until they are having an outside picnic or relaxing on their patio or porch.
5 AM in the morning is a good time to use one also as a way to make lasting friends.

Make sure you have goo ear protection.

If you have any neighbors you dislike, wait to use the leaf blower until they are having an outside picnic or relaxing on their patio or porch.
5 AM in the morning is a good time to use one also as a way to make lasting friends.
tumblr_oxd3euibDn1w5pr9jo1_500.gif

Or go this route ^^

I bought this one. It should last me a lifetime at only 4 or 5 times of usage a year. And yes, despite what the sales guy told me- it will start on the battery alone after months of inactivity.

http://www.gardenland.com/product/stihl-br-450-backpack-blower/

br450_New.jpg

Latest posts

Back