Leaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time using the portable winch to take down a small leaner. Worked well and a whole lot safer than using a saw to get it on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right, a safer way to get the tree down. I have a Norse 400 logging winch 9000lb. on my tractor and a Warn 3700lb. electric that is portable.
I put the winches up there with chaps ,helmets and cell phones as one of the must have safety tools.

Good Job, I do the same.

On bigger stuff " 24" ÷ " I'll shimmy up with a climbing treestand 20ft or so to gain leverage.
I have a 8000lb warn winch on my Jeep......works like a charm.

Screenshot_20190118-200419_Google.jpg Screenshot_20190118-200215_Google.jpg I tie a carabiner to a rope, clip a large wrench to it, throw it over a branch or through a crotch ,(allow wrench to fall to ground) bring it around the tree, unhook the wrench, hook the carabiner to the rope and pull tight.
wrench works good because you can throw it good and it dont get hung up in branches very easy. i use a big cheap Chinese one. medium duty nylon rope.

Back