Let’s see your fall colors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tee box on #15 last week. Yes this layout has peril if shot's aren't well placed.

2cnjzo9.jpg

Those are some "man sized splits" Ryan.:muscle:

I love those 32" lengths. They do get heavy, especially before they're split, but they save a lot of handling. Generally I try to cut only softwood at that length to keep the weight down, but sometimes I'll cut ash or oak that long if it's under 10". Any more than that and they're too hefty. That wood is destined for the syrup evaporator, which runs better on softwood anyway. Really though it's much faster to buck logs, split rounds, stack a pallet, and feed the cooker when all the wood is that long. :) Makes putting up 10 cords for that thing much less daunting.

9ba6677367c7c527af311f530cba5f88.jpg

West Coast style
Brutal! Not funny but it you made me laugh. Thanks.

Northern central NY is just coming into peak colors. I want to take a ride out into Stanton land with my bike and enjoy it before it's gone. I have a lot of things planned this month so not sure I will have the chance. No hills in my area so kinda hard to get any really good shots. Will see what I can find.

Pretty much leafless here. Few trees here and there that are still clinging to them, but those seem to keep them well into winter. They started changing in late August. It's almost winter here, expecting snow anyday.
Has been fairly warm all considering though, some years it's already snowed by now and there's several inches by Holloween.

SVK you can just keep that snow. Not quite ready for snow.
Don't listen to him Steve, send it :happybanana:.
Not much color here yet, I think there gonna just drop.
Cleaned up a few leaves in the yard today.
Should be plenty more by morning as it was real windy tonight as it has been for the last 24 hrs.
That's the winds of change Rod :D.
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.24.04 AM.png

Latest posts

Back