Let the build begin.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well finally got something together on this build. My crank tool came in today and I was able to get the crank installed, so now the Nachi bearings and crank are in. I still have some parts in the mail and will be able to start getting this thing together when I have time.

finally1.jpg

If you haven't already done it you might want to put the bar plate on and make sure the slots for the oiler line up. I've put a couple of them together and have had to open the slots up on the case.

OEM:
Piston/cylinder kit (Mahle 50mm) $110ish
Used Crank $40ish
Switch $9
seals $20ish
gasket set $16
chain brake spring coverf $11
Used carb and rebuild kit $40ish
Everything for the chain brake $60ish
pulse line, fuel line, oil line $25
starter assembly $40ish
Isolation springs (Hard) $45ish
intake boot
intake boot clamp
ring for intake boot
Air horn for air filter (HD)
bolt/nut and wing nut for HD filter
carb mount
throttle cable
bar oil tube seal
oil pump $40ish
oil pump bushing and washer $20ish
Black unlimited coil $45
fuel tank vent $12
HD filter cover, cylinder cover $65ish
air conductor $10ish
air Jet $7
wrist pin bearing $14

Still considering going with a XT carb on it even though I have a HD-12 waiting for it.

If you haven't already done it you might want to put the bar plate on and make sure the slots for the oiler line up. I've put a couple of them together and have had to open the slots up on the case.

Ya, I still have to look at that. I was wanting to mount the bar with some blue chem. and see if the bar plate or the casting is what is out and hog out which ever one needs it. I'm thinking I may put a 24" Tsumara lite on it in 3/8-.050 and square ground chain. I am wanting to get a good chain grinder but now I'm considering holding off and just getting a square grinder and just keep a couple loops for round filing in case I dull the square ground and it's backup.

ARGH, now I have to tear it apart. Going to leave the bearings where they are and just get new bearings. I just got a set of OEM case halves so I want to build in them. Good thing I bought a case splitter.

I have enough stuff, minus a second OEM crank and a XT carb that I was thinking about going with, to build the second saw anyway so I will just pick up a second OEM crank at some point and time and still build the kit saw but with a Hyway 52mm top end and pop up piston.

OK, another crank on the way as well as two Nachi 6202 C3 bearings. Hoping to start up on the build again in a week.

I put the plate on the Aftermarket case as well as an OEM case to confirm it was the case out and not the plate. The plate lined up perfect with the OEM case so I laid the plate back onto the Aftermarket case and scribed a line then took the dremel to it.

It was blocking off about 1/3 of the channel, This should let it flow easily now.

plate.jpg noplate.jpg

They don’t fuel enough. Inconsistent tune. Had this happen with multiple carbs. Zama is my favorite and the hd12 is pretty good too. I built a saw and would not four stroke with the xt carb, tossed a zama on it and I could tune it pig rich. I read multiple threads about the big Venturi on the xt carb. Never noticed any difference in power using one

Back