Let's see some Christmas giving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure will. It's gonna be a little while yet though. Working on a 922 and a 550 at the moment. Plus i'll have to take some time and gather a few small things like a carb kit, fuel lines and i may go electronic on the ignition. Oh and dont forget why this is my new favorite small saw...besides being a HOMELITE they have wrap handle bars available.

I haven't put a plug in it yet but the piston and cylinder are clean. It's got that funny 1 ring to...Dykes ring???

Homelite did use the dykes ring on some saws. If it's "wedge" shaped in cross-section with it being thinner on the inside than on the outside edge, then it's a dykes ring. These E-Z series saws are good performers for their size. I've ran several with 16" and 18" bars wearing 3/8" chain (not LP). They do well with that setup, despite the small displacement. Gonna set up mine with a 16".

Great little limbing and 'small cutting' saws. My half-wrap still has all the rubber on it, but I would like to put asside a full wrap bar for mine just for giggles. I just scored a new Oregon rim/drum setup with a bearing and a .325 rim for less than $9.00 shipped on feebay! The .325 rim will go in the 'spares' box. The Oregon # for the rim drive clutch drum is 21237 if you're interested. I know where there's at least one more available Rick. PM me if you want the 411....

Wow, it took awhile to find my list of subscribed threads.:bang: Thank you wigglesworth, saw looks great. Found it at my door step this morning at my doorstep when I got home this morninng:cheers: Happy Holidays.

Latest posts

Back