Lets see some custom lawnmower cutting/hauling setups

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-.....Or a used 4x4 truck..... you can get a good used backhoe and front loader.....

But I already have a Case backhoe and a 1959 Forward control 4x4 Jeep with plow. Jeeze, whats a guy supposed to do?:hmm3grin2orange:

Nuzzy, I do have 2 of the Allis Chalmers hydros. One was actually given to me (what a deal) because it was making "noise". Yeah, it was the pto clutches that were out of adjustment. That is the one in the pic. Its my mule and snow plow and traction engine. The other one pretty much stays as a dedicated mower.

Project hauler

Finally got my project hauler. This will replace my Deere for towing/hauling duties.
18hp vtwin briggs 4sp tranny. Needs wiring redone. Plus it was FREE!!!!

attachment.php

Love it! I'm looking for another old Allis/Simplicity to buy. I'm tired of changing implements :D Figure I'll have one with plow and one with blower during winter, and then one woods tractor while the other mows come summer. Of course, why stop at two... :biggrinbounce2:

exactly, just this past summer my garden tractor count was at 15. i'm now thinned down to 7.

Great Thread. I just picked up this old Kubota a little while ago. Over the winter I am gonna give it a quick going over, mostly repainting the beat up tins. The chasis is actually in amazing shame under the 30 years of grease and grime and the little diesel purrs like a kitten. I'm looking for a chipper for it to take care of the brush piles.
IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

My current tractor is a kubota B7100HST-D pretty close to yours. You can do A LOT of work with one. I've got a 4' bush hog that is built like an 8' one and I routinely go over 3" pine and saplings when land clearing. It's a very tough setup

Here's one: http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/extension/extpubs/Plans/6358.pdf

actually what I'd done was go to TSC and take pics of one of theirs and planned on scaling it up to suit my needs. One of the coolest ones I saw here didn't have a "floor" or sides, but was kinda skeletonized and he just loaded the long logs on it and then when he got to where he wanted to make a stack, he did all his bucking by not moving the logs, but just cutting straight thru them while on the trailer. When it was empty, he just drove away and the trailer would pull out of the wood pile.

Here's one: http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/extension/extpubs/Plans/6358.pdf

actually what I'd done was go to TSC and take pics of one of theirs and planned on scaling it up to suit my needs. One of the coolest ones I saw here didn't have a "floor" or sides, but was kinda skeletonized and he just loaded the long logs on it and then when he got to where he wanted to make a stack, he did all his bucking by not moving the logs, but just cutting straight thru them while on the trailer. When it was empty, he just drove away and the trailer would pull out of the wood pile.

I believe your talking about the one under the "my firewood tools" thread. Great for limbs. He has quite a few cool toys and tools. Definetly recomend checking out that thread. There is also a smaller version of that trailer in that thread as well.

ccarpen4753, yeah that "my firewood tools" guy has lots of stuff, he must have $1000's invested in tools and equipment. And he mustn't have time to even use half of it, I bet his wife is tired of him spending money and time on wood cutting and gathering crap. And he spends hours on this site too. Some guys just have way too much time on their hands. The guy likely doesn't even put wood in the stove, he makes his poor wife do it.
Let me know if you want more pics of the wagons, they are at my brother in laws but I can get some sometime. Working 6 days a week is a pain in the firewood pile.

Latest posts

Back