lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I'd love an XR600, or an XL600R. Cool colors.

There were some killer deals on CR's on Craigslist. '88 with a pro circuit pipe, awesome shape, boyesen reeds, etc. $750. I bought a '84 Kawasaki KLR250 that has been the bottomless money pit. Cost me $250, put $400 or so into it. Had it running great today. The carb just pukes gas all over the place, cam cover (DOHC 4 valve) leaks oil (have to get bolts for it), exhaust leaks. Has radiator scoops (liquid cooled) off an '86, so the color scheme is super cool, in my opinion. White fenders, tanks, and headlight shroud, dark blue number plates, seat, and radiator scoops. Looks pretty dang cool. I want to change the fork boots out from black ones to blue ones. And I have handguards on it. Not street legal, at this time. I hope it will be by the end of the winter (title, mirrors, blinkers, fix the speedometer.

Here's an ad of a KLR like mine-
4074.JPG

rb_in_va said:
I keep telling my wife that I'm going to get my son a motorcycle in a few years (when he's 6-7). Hey, that's when my dad got me a bike (a Honda Z-50). Then she says "yeah, but you lived in Idaho!":confused:

I would like to get an XR250 from the mid 80s. I just love that red, blue, and yellow, like this bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...6QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50012QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Z50's are fun. I was messing around with a '96. Everytime I shifted it popped a wheelie (140-150 lb person on it). Also played with an XR80R that wouldn't run below half throttle (carb was very dirty). Let out the clutch, ride wheelies. :D

Here's my '84 Kawasaki KLR250. Most of it is from an '86, head is off an '87. Liquid Cooled 4 stroke DOHC 4 valve 4 stroke. Redline is 9500 rpm. :D Supposedly it is like 28 horsepower. :D Got about $600 total into it; needs a new carb needle and seat.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well, I wound up buying this bike on Ebay last week. It cranks fine and has spark, but the carbs need gone through. Will know by next week if it was a good buy or not.

04ultra said:
Long push from IL...to Arkansas if it dont run...
Ah, it wasn't that bad. It was only about a 6 hour drive--nice fall weather besides. You pays your money and you take your chances. Now if I only hadn't gotten that damend ticket on the way back. . .:hmm3grin2orange:

spacemule said:
Ah, it wasn't that bad. It was only about a 6 hour drive--nice fall weather besides. You pays your money and you take your chances. Now if I only hadn't gotten that damend ticket on the way back. . .:hmm3grin2orange:

Just ride safe there are alot of azz's out there... Glad it worked for ya..

buzz sawyer said:
Haven't owned a bike since my old Honda 305 Scrambler-years ago but I recently found this interesting approach to fuel economy.

CL305 scrambler? I wouldn't mind a classic old scrambler. They just look cool. For some reason, I just don't really like cruisers, but love classic Japanese bikes. It is so cool when some guy is driving around on some cool old bike, like a Honda CB350. I also love '80s dirtbikes. I'd like to find an old Can Am. That'd be cool.

hamradio said:
CL305 scrambler? I wouldn't mind a classic old scrambler. They just look cool. For some reason, I just don't really like cruisers, but love classic Japanese bikes. It is so cool when some guy is driving around on some cool old bike, like a Honda CB350. I also love '80s dirtbikes. I'd like to find an old Can Am. That'd be cool.
That's it. They were a fun ride. Used to ride in shorts, sneakers and a helmet - no fear, never dumped it. My wife makes me stick to four wheels now. I guess as long as she lets me buy a saw now and then, that makes up for it.

Well,
I'm seriously looking at buying riding clothes. Boots, chest protector, helmet (I only have a street helmet that I don't want to scratch up riding offroad), pants, jersey, etc. I normally ride in shorts and a T shirt. Sometimes in sandals (tough to shift). Wiped out a few too many times and got more scraped up than I should have, in shorts and a T shirt.

My BMW dual sport. Very heavy for off road, but you can still ride the trails as long as they're dry. Fine for the highway.

IMG_2544.jpg

Chopper

This has been my summer ride for the last 8 years, it's basic a old Honda 750 Four. It's rebuilt to long fork and hard tail Chopper whit adjustable triple tree, so i can get a really good handling, love to drive it. Been around to biker meeting, blues and rock festivals on it.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's my new toy. Sold the old KLR for $260 and bought this for $700. It's an '84 Yamaha IT200 enduro. 6 speed, I think it's like 30 horsepower from an aircooled 200 2 stroke. DG pipe. It flies! Very fast, very light (about 205 lbs). You can see in some of the pics that I cleaned the pipe up. Tell me what you think of it. I know, the fenders are off (universal replacements).
attachment.php

Like the oldies..........

Just thought I'd throw a pic on here of my ol' 69' Triumph. 100% bone stock

Back