lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images (4).jpg
I plan on getting a spare set of wheels for the grom and putting some maxis 6024 boobies on them for at the cabin.
Nobbies stupid spell check.

The Honda line-up of SL's were pretty cool. I had a CL-175 at one point. Some of my friend's had the SL's and yes, I was jealous.

the cl's w/good exhaust on em bring the bigger bux here now. thought they were kinda homely back in the day, also liked the sl's better.

had one Norton w/hi pipes. pic on paper. will post sometime...

the cl's w/good exhaust on em bring the bigger bux here now. thought they were kinda homely back in the day, also liked the sl's better.

had one Norton w/hi pipes. pic on paper. will post sometime...

The CL 175 that I had was gorgeous. It had a gold (or orange) metal-flake paint job and lots of chrome. It had high pipes on it and it was considered to be a scrambler. You could ride it both on and off road, but it was much more at home on the road.

I'm going to do a search of it and see if I can come up with a picture.

Found one:

33605d1393103338-intro-kansas-1970-cl175-1970_honda_cl175_k4_candy_topaz_orange.jpg

The CL 175 that I had was gorgeous. It had a gold (or orange) metal-flake paint job and lots of chrome. It had high pipes on it and it was considered to be a scrambler. You could ride it both on and off road, but it was much more at home on the road.

I'm going to do a search of it and see if I can come up with a picture.

Found one:

33605d1393103338-intro-kansas-1970-cl175-1970_honda_cl175_k4_candy_topaz_orange.jpg
This was mine.My first new bike. Had a couple used ones before.

img_1705334_00.jpg

I had one of these way back in 1972. Bought it used, about a year old. Even with a Webco frame handling kit, AM shocks and different fork springs, it was still a suicidal ride.

The frame handling kits extended the swing-arm, lowered the engine in the frame and moved it back a little. Even with all that work, it still didn't make all that much difference.

And, to make matters worse, it had a T crankshaft. I put a 2.5 lb. Moose fly wheel weight on it to help smooth the power curve.

I think it was the most intimidating dirt bike I ever owned. The power band was like a light switch. It was either on or off. :rolleyes: It was one of the most wicked bikes ever produced.

Gawd......I'd love to have one again, only brand-new! If for nothing else, just sentimental reasons.

s-l1000.jpg

Any pics of YOUR bikes Dano, not something you googled off the internet? Or like everything else, you're just moving your lips like a ducks ass:barbecue:

Back in my day, we didn't take pics of everything that moves like people do today. I do have a few Kodak snapshots here and there tucked away, and I have some 8x10's of street bikes I've owned on my garage walls.

I suppose if I was motivated enough, I could take some digital camera pics of the pics that I have, and try to upload them. But, that seems like a lot of work and nonsense to me.

If I do post a pic that I got from the net, I never try to pass it off as my own.

But hey, I do appreciate your concern in the matter. If you live long enough to retire, it'll all become much more clear and apparent to you.

IMG_9377.PNG

Picked up this old girl today. Wanted one for a long time and the opportunity finally came along. Bit of a top heavy pig when the tank is full (7.5 gal.) on a parking lot, but actually quite nimble as soon as she's rolling. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on her soon, hopefully going for an Ozark run this weekend weather permitting.

Edit: and yes, this is an actual pic of my machine. I did steal it from the ad I bought it from.

Edit 2: Dano, you're a strange monkey... being retired I'd think you'd have time to take a couple steps out to the garage to share something YOU are genuinely connected to. Stock pics off the Web are a long way from this threads intent I think... no?

View attachment 584828
Picked up this old girl today. Wanted one for a long time and the opportunity finally came along. Bit of a top heavy pig when the tank is full (7.5 gal.) on a parking lot, but actually quite nimble as soon as she's rolling. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on her soon, hopefully going for an Ozark run this weekend weather permitting.

Edit: and yes, this is an actual pic of my machine. I did steal it from the ad I bought it from.

Edit 2: Dano, you're a strange monkey... being retired I'd think you'd have time to take a couple steps out to the garage to share something YOU are genuinely connected to. Stock pics off the Web are a long way from this threads intent I think... no?

I've never been much of a picture taker for as long as I can recall. Yes, I have taken some, but it's not a daily occurrence for me. Believe it or not, I can even leave home for a while and if I forgot my cell phone, I don't freak out and act like it's a life-line.

There's been more times than not, we go on vacation or a road trip and we don't take a camera. Yeah, there's been a few times my wife gave me Hell for it, but she got over it. And, I don't like my picture being taken either. Never have and never will. Think whatever you want, but different strokes for different folks.

I don't go thru life documenting every waking moment by taking pics like some do. Who gives a **** if we go to a zoo and I don't take a selfie of me and a Polar Bear. Or, if we stop at some famous restaurant and I don't take a picture of my meal.

I suppose some people feel some sort of redemption by taking pictures of their possessions or places they've been so that they can show them to others and prove some kind of self worth. Whatever that is, it's not for me.

Too many idiots walking around in this day & age with a hand-held electronic device firmly planted in their hand that they pay way too much attention to. I'll never be one of them.

If I post a stock picture of something, I try my best to remember to mention it's just a web stock picture. I do that for convenience more than anything else. If it's something important enough to me that I feel the need to go look for a picture that I took so long ago, I'll do it..........begrudgingly.

BTW.....I did post some pics of bikes I've owned in another thread. If you're interested enough, check um out.

I've never been much of a picture taker for as long as I can recall. Yes, I have taken some, but it's not a daily occurrence for me. Believe it or not, I can even leave home for a while and if I forgot my cell phone, I don't freak out and act like it's a life-line.

There's been more times than not, we go on vacation or a road trip and we don't take a camera. Yeah, there's been a few times my wife gave me Hell for it, but she got over it. And, I don't like my picture being taken either. Never have and never will. Think whatever you want, but different strokes for different folks.

I don't go thru life documenting every waking moment by taking pics like some do. Who gives a **** if we go to a zoo and I don't take a selfie of me and a Polar Bear. Or, if we stop at some famous restaurant and I don't take a picture of my meal.

I suppose some people feel some sort of redemption by taking pictures of their possessions or places they've been so that they can show them to others and prove some kind of self worth. Whatever that is, it's not for me.

Too many idiots walking around in this day & age with a hand-held electronic device firmly planted in their hand that they pay way too much attention to. I'll never be one of them.

If I post a stock picture of something, I try my best to remember to mention it's just a web stock picture. I do that for convenience more than anything else. If it's something important enough to me that I feel the need to go look for a picture that I took so long ago, I'll do it..........begrudgingly.

BTW.....I did post some pics of bikes I've owned in another thread. If you're interested enough, check um out.

good rant :picture:

whats the other thread?
I was more into bikes than cameras/pics in my young days, so don't have pics of some I should...
63 Honda monkey, 70 suz tc 120, 73 suz tm125, 73 hus 250 & 74 400crs, 70 triumph Daytona, 73 sportster, few nortons... I wish, now...

whats the other thread?
I was more into bikes than cameras/pics in my young days, so don't have pics of some I should...
63 Honda monkey, 70 suz tc 120, 73 suz tm125, 73 hus 250 & 74 400crs, 70 triumph Daytona, 73 sportster, few nortons... I wish, now...

It's titled Motorcycle pics on this forum.

Back