lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STIHL-KID said:
Just thought I'd throw a pic on here of my ol' 69' Triumph. 100% bone stock

Looks great. My dad used to have a bunch of old Bonneville's when I was a kid. He also had a 1975 3 cylinder Trident. Bored and stroked to 900cc it was actually a fast bike in its day.

Now we both run Harleys.:biggrinbounce2:

This is Zod, 2001 Suzuki Hayabusa. Dropped my buddy off at the dealer the day he picked it up. It's now got a little more chrome and boost than a stock bike. Oh and I think he lowered it a bit. :biggrinbounce2:

zod.jpg

Here's my new toy. Sold the old KLR for $260 and bought this for $700. It's an '84 Yamaha IT200 enduro. 6 speed, I think it's like 30 horsepower from an aircooled 200 2 stroke. DG pipe. It flies! Very fast, very light (about 205 lbs). You can see in some of the pics that I cleaned the pipe up. Tell me what you think of it. I know, the fenders are off (universal replacements).
attachment.php

Thats a MINT IT, best I have seen in a long time. Watch the plastic sidecover on the exhaust side, very few it200's I knew still had them, they seem to leave somehow. I think the keyway on the magnetos used to be the killer of many of them, I cant remember, might be worth looking it up. Nice Bike!

this is what I've been pumping around Australia for the past 15 years since I restored it a 1942 741-B Indian Army Scout still riding it and road registered these photos are of it when I first restored it in 1992 cheers MillinginOz

Baby Ninja 250

showingoffnewgear.jpg

After a 14 year break from riding, I picked this up last summer to use as 'cheap' commuter toy. I began amassing parts, and recently went through the forks, upgraded the rear shock, s/s brake lines & grabby pads, Metzeler tires, etc... It went from handling 'OK' to nearly excellent. Luckily there aren't a whole lot of other mods that can be done to these bikes without slinging buckets of dollars at an engine builder ...mainly just a 2:1 pipe, pod filters, and rejetting the carbs...and the 'gain' from those parts is more from weight loss than from a HP boost.

Mine is a 2004 model, but these are essentially unchanged since 1989, so spare parts are cheap & easy to get. Once I get this one where I want it, I might pick up another one and set it up pretty much identically, but strip the lights & street junk off to use for 'track days.'

Other bikes I've had over the years:

1974 Honda XR75
1976 KTM/Penton 400 Enduro
1976 Can-Am 175 Qualifier (1st bike with a street tag & insurance)
1982 Kawi KZ-1000J
1985 KTM 350 MXC (1st "new" bike)
1987 Harley 1100 Sportster (2nd "new" bike)
1973 Harley 1000 Sportster rigid-frame 'chopper'

Do you have snow chains for that bike? Also is that a dent in the tank?

No chains,I just tried it out a couple times in the snow and,well,it sucks !!
The tank's not dented,it's formed like that to make more room for the handlebars to move back and forth.

Back