ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Lets see your boating/ fishing pictures!

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey wood4heat, don’t know if you are still around, haven’t seen ya in a Loooooong time, olyman just “Liked” one of my November 2017 posts, and reminded me of this thread

I had mentioned the boat that I grew up with, we picked her up at the factory in Gardena, CA a couple weeks before my 3rd Birthday, I couldn’t find any digital pics to post back then

Well for Father’s Day, my Mom gave me about the Best Present I could ask for, She passed that boat “Plum Crazy” onto Meo_O:crazy2::blob2:.

Plum has been in storage for about 6 years, I have been working out of town since late April, and haven’t had time to pick her up, and get her back to running condition yet. She is still sound, but will need new battery, belts, hoses, fuel tanks siphoned and refilled, oil change etc, but I did get some pics of her in Mom’s driveway

She is a 1968 Stevens 17’ Sportster flat bottom, with a Corvette Spec’ed 327, with a “V Drive”, essentially a racing hull with recreational seating

0D570AC0-9181-4616-8855-2F7175262E5A.jpeg 0D570AC0-9181-4616-8855-2F7175262E5A.jpeg 4FA3964E-65E9-4D26-9F33-141FF16995E0.jpeg EDD59CAB-F406-4B43-AD57-DD133410AE2A.jpeg 672E0EDA-674D-4C87-B074-825A92031FA7.jpeg

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey wood4heat, don’t know if you are still around, haven’t seen ya in a Loooooong time, olyman just “Liked” one of my November 2017 posts, and reminded me of this.

Yeah I haven’t been around much. I check in from time to time just to see what’s new but don’t post a lot.

Beautiful boat though! I remember seeing those on the lakes as a kid. I thought they were the coolest things on the water! You’ll have to post some pics when you get her out again! I’ll be check back in looking for them!

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I need to get some from the Wife’s phone, but this is from last weekend, we spent Thursday through Sunday nights camping on the East end of McGuire Island
5531FE2C-7D3B-4FBE-86BF-395E0887D0B0.jpeg
It was the First time the old girl had been out in about 6 or 7 years, it was fitting that it was on the Columbia River, her old home of Many years

I leave for Medford Wednesday, for work for at least 2 weeks, the Wife will be going for at least part of the time. I will be staying in Ashland, it should be less than 3 hours to Redding, we are planning on taking Plum Crazy, and spending a couple days on Lake Shasta over Labor Day Weekend. Shasta was a regular annual vacation when I was young, it has been at least 40 years since Plum has been to Shasta, covering a lot of old territory in a short time.

We Hope to get her out on the Columbia at least once more before I have to winterize her again, but that 327 was Music to my ears again, just listening to her warm up before going out for a bit of hot rodding brought back memories, the sound of that 327 roaring, and the V-Drive whining created a Lot of Smiles. We had the Wife’s Kids, Grand Kids, Nieces, Nephews, my Sisters and Friends come for the weekend, even made a couple New Friends, that were admiring the Boat, that have a 1965 wooden DeFir Runabout with a 455 in it

Doug :cheers:

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Does a box of fish sticks count?

Don't hate fish, but if given the choice I'll take a hamburger or steak instead. certainly smells WAY better than stinking up the house cooking a fish.

Been ~8 years since I've been fishing. One of my good friends was big into it, so I'd go with him once in a while, but he moved outside in 2013.

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
I need to get some from the Wife’s phone, but this is from last weekend, we spent Thursday through Sunday nights camping on the East end of McGuire Island
View attachment 852025
It was the First time the old girl had been out in about 6 or 7 years, it was fitting that it was on the Columbia River, her old home of Many years

looks good out there! I didn’t realize we were in the same neighborhood. I mostly launch out of the Port of Camas/Washougal. If you’re ever approached by an Arima SC17 skiptop its probably me coming to say hi!

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
looks good out there! I didn’t realize we were in the same neighborhood. I mostly launch out of the Port of Camas/Washougal. If you’re ever approached by an Arima SC17 skiptop its probably me coming to say hi!

Arima’s are a popular boat On the Nehalem, I would recognize one easily.

5BA2E4D6-E517-41FE-B55A-A4AFF3C301FB.jpeg
This is our other boat, at our Island campsite, the one that does Pickup duty, shuttling all the camping gear across from Chinook Landing. This is also the one we do our fishing and crabbing in

we Hope to get out on the Columbia one more time this year, but since my dedicated account has closed, I am now a “Pool Driver”, it comes with a $6/hour raise, but a rather unpredictable schedule, so I don’t know if we will get back out or not

Doug :cheers: