• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Lets see your boating/ fishing pictures!

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
naturalsculptures.webs.com
derwoodii

derwoodii

Tree Freak
Website
www.arboristsite.com
That looks like Great Barrier Reef area. Not that I've ever been, only studied.
I heard through studies and programs that there's freshwater Crocs (smaller non aggressive kind, not Salties) in the lakes up that way.
What did you guys end up catching out there amongst the islands?

Yes at southern end of barrier reef we do have fresh water croc in OZ they predominately live inland water holes on the coast are saltys We caught trevally, Yellow strippy and ?? i forgot all catch release

we worked hard trim sail & got the 15 ton big tub cat up to some decent speed

thumbnail_IMG_20190328_152316.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190324_094930.jpg

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
After a giant miscommunication with my friend we got on the water, only thing is, I wound up going 30 hours with no sleep. He has a place on Chincoteague Island, VA. We got the boat in the water about 7 Monday morning and ran 70 miles offshore to the Norfolk canyon. He told me I could bring another friend so I got my neighbor who had never been Tuna fishing. We got our spread out, 7 rods,and in less than 30 minutes we had a hook up. We told my neighbor to grab the rod. While his real was screaming, I started reeling in the rod next to him so they wouldn't get tangled, and a fish hit my line. The boat was on auto pilot, so my other buddy ran back to clear rods and bam, bam, bam, three more fish were on. Seven rods, three guys, and 5 fish on. 4 lines got fouled, and one at a time we got one cleared and boated a fish. We got 3 nice Yellowfin boated. Turned out to be a great day. 20200622_190046(0).jpg

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
After a giant miscommunication with my friend we got on the water, only thing is, I wound up going 30 hours with no sleep. He has a place on Chincoteague Island, VA. We got the boat in the water about 7 Monday morning and ran 70 miles offshore to the Norfolk canyon. He told me I could bring another friend so I got my neighbor who had never been Tuna fishing. We got our spread out, 7 rods,and in less than 30 minutes we had a hook up. We told my neighbor to grab the rod. While his real was screaming, I started reeling in the rod next to him so they wouldn't get tangled, and a fish hit my line. The boat was on auto pilot, so my other buddy ran back to clear rods and bam, bam, bam, three more fish were on. Seven rods, three guys, and 5 fish on. 4 lines got fouled, and one at a time we got one cleared and bloated a fish. We got 3 nice Yellowfin boated. Turned out to be a great day. View attachment 837865
You guys had a great day! Loved the story!

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
You guys had a great day! Loved the story!
We did have a great day, and the story gets better! My neighbor who had never been Tuna fishing, was pulling in his driveway Saturday afternoon, from a day of Striper fishing on the Chesapeake. He was washing his boat down when I pulled up on my John Deere and asked if he wanted to go Tuna fishing Monday? Yep. So while we were going over details, my other friend called. He said his plans had changed, his wife and kids took his truck and went home, so we could come down and stay at his place, get some evening fishing in, and fish Sunday and Monday, then he would ride back with us. We were on speaker phone so I thought every one was on the same page. My neighbor said NO, he could NOT fish Sunday because they had Fathers Day activities. I repeated, we could not come Sunday, and we would be leaving at 3am Monday morning, to be at his place by 7. Some how he missed the part about "NO on Sunday", and thought I said we were leaving at 3 in the afternoon to work his plan of some night fishing. I tried to go to bed about 830 Sat evening and at 9 my buddy calls and says, where are you, you said you would be here at 7. I said NO, 7 tomorrow morning! Of course I never really fell back to sleep. So, finally we get in my truck at 3 on the dot, Sunday morning. At 3:05 my phone rings. Where are you? You said you would be here at 3. I'm like, no I said we were leaving at 3, where still in the neighborhood. Anyway, we did get down there, got on some nice fish, and got back in about 5pm. We were rushing around to get on the road and get home, and my friend says, I wasn't thinking about going home tonight, I thought you guys would sleep here and we would go back out for more Tuna tomorrow? I said, you never said anything about fishing Tuesday! He said, well you're retired. I said yeah, but I told you that Gordon had to be home tonight. His family booked him a charter on the Chesapeake for Tuesday morning. So we got things all wrapped up at his town house and got on the road home at 9pm. Gordon and I got home right at 1am. i got to sleep in, but he had to be back up to go fishing with his family at 4. I know he's hurting. We were like the Three Blind Mice! We need to work on our communication skills.

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
We did have a great day, and the story gets better! My neighbor who had never been Tuna fishing, was pulling in his driveway Saturday afternoon, from a day of Striper fishing on the Chesapeake. He was washing his boat down when I pulled up on my John Deere and asked if he wanted to go Tuna fishing Monday? Yep. So while we were going over details, my other friend called. He said his plans had changed, his wife and kids took his truck and went home, so we could come down and stay at his place, get some evening fishing in, and fish Sunday and Monday, then he would ride back with us. We were on speaker phone so I thought every one was on the same page. My neighbor said NO, he could NOT fish Sunday because they had Fathers Day activities. I repeated, we could not come Sunday, and we would be leaving at 3am Monday morning, to be at his place by 7. Some how he missed the part about "NO on Sunday", and thought I said we were leaving at 3 in the afternoon to work his plan of some night fishing. I tried to go to bed about 830 Sat evening and at 9 my buddy calls and says, where are you, you said you would be here at 7. I said NO, 7 tomorrow morning! Of course I never really fell back to sleep. So, finally we get in my truck at 3 on the dot, Sunday morning. At 3:05 my phone rings. Where are you? You said you would be here at 3. I'm like, no I said we were leaving at 3, where still in the neighborhood. Anyway, we did get down there, got on some nice fish, and got back in about 5pm. We were rushing around to get on the road and get home, and my friend says, I wasn't thinking about going home tonight, I thought you guys would sleep here and we would go back out for more Tuna tomorrow? I said, you never said anything about fishing Tuesday! He said, well you're retired. I said yeah, but I told you that Gordon had to be home tonight. His family booked him a charter on the Chesapeake for Tuesday morning. So we got things all wrapped up at his town house and got on the road home at 9pm. Gordon and I got home right at 1am. i got to sleep in, but he had to be back up to go fishing with his family at 4. I know he's hurting. We were like the Three Blind Mice! We need to work on our communication skills.
It’s getting harder and harder to get the wife up at 4:30 am to go to our favorite lake in the high Sierras, but once she’s there, she forgets all about the trouble! Problem is, if you’re not there early, you might get blown off the lake, the wind comes up every day between 11:00 am and noon like clockwork! Tight lines my friend! 8C3F099D-36A7-4B04-B6C8-CA7843671CC1.jpeg 94E604D5-9DF1-43DB-ACE4-E7DCA2AD9203.jpeg 20EF540B-CCD8-4520-BBE7-31C38D7E3200.jpeg

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
Pretty fish, pretty wife, you are a lucky man! My wife won't touch a fish. She said that now that we are getting older, we need to eat better, including fish at least once a week. She has never liked fish, and doesn't seem to realize there are different kinds. Fish is fish! Well, a while back she brought home some pre seasoned Cedar Planked Salmon, complete with a little Cedar Plank. It was great and she actually liked it. Then I grilled some fresh Tuna and Wahoo at a cook out, and she liked it too. Maybe I'll convert her yet?

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
Pretty fish, pretty wife, you are a lucky man! My wife won't touch a fish. She said that now that we are getting older, we need to eat better, including fish at least once a week. She has never liked fish, and doesn't seem to realize there are different kinds. Fish is fish! Well, a while back she brought home some pre seasoned Cedar Planked Salmon, complete with a little Cedar Plank. It was great and she actually liked it. Then I grilled some fresh Tuna and Wahoo at a cook out, and she liked it too. Maybe I'll convert her yet?
She’s a jewel, and I am a lucky man! First time I took her fishing we were much younger and it was on a river that we hiked into. We were having a great time catching fish and decided to cook up some of our catch for lunch right there on the spot. Stopped on a real nice pool to build a small fire on the rocks for cooking, while I got started, she hooked a small rainbow, about 10”, while she was fighting it a 21” brown gobbled it down and the fight was really on! She’s been out fishing me ever since! :confused:

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's a dream come true. The first time I took Carolyn fishing it was a little country stream she and her brothers had fished in as kids. We followed it down stream where there was a big pool maybe 10-12 feet across, 2-3 feet deep, and 50 feet long. I had just put brand new 17 pound test Stren on her rod. It was set up for light surf fishing when we went to the beach the next week. When she cast across the pool, I saw a shadow come out from under the bank and take the bait the second it hit the water. It was a big carp, about 30 inches long. She screamed and threw her rod down on the bank. The fish was pulling it toward the creek so I grabbed it. As soon as I grabbed it and put some tension on it, the fish shook it's head and snapped the line. I don't have a guess as too how much it weighed, but it was super cool to see a fish that big in a little pool, in a little creek, break line that heavy like it was nothing. If she saw the 10-12 foot sharks we saw yesterday she would never put a toe in the ocean again.

morewood

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
I remember when I took my wife, before my son was born, to Calderwood for a day of fishing. We were down the lake in one of the creek coves using live bait. She caught three nice trout in a spot I wouldn't have wasted on my dog. I didn't catch a thing all day, got skunked. To add insult to the day I spun the hub in the prop and was only able to get back up the lake idling in gear. I heard about it the whole trip. To this day all of us that fish that lake use 'Karen's Cove' as a reference point. Still don't know the name of the creek coming in there.

Shea

mijdirtyjeep

mijdirtyjeep

ArboristSite Operative
These coho and king salmon were from two different trips. Tailgate pic I had a buddy out that hasn’t fished salmon in forever. The livewell pic was a solo trip that I forgot the net. I actually had a blast hand throwing them in the boat! DEA841F6-0537-4703-BAB7-5308057440A9.jpeg 43AB7F40-35AC-4BCC-B8CD-B6D337162E45.jpeg 90D1E6F0-B841-49FE-A586-A776C486C26B.jpeg

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite