let's see your firewood dog!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately our two most recent dogs have passed on.

I've got a couple of mousers though.

"Sam" is suspected to be part Maine Coon. It's tough to keep him on a diet and at or below 15 lbs. Here he is showing his displeasure that folding the laundry disrupted his nap.
image.jpg
My middle son a few years ago trying to carry him.
image.jpg

Here's my pack. Big white lab is Luna, inherited from my late sister, retired some sort of service dog. Our oldest dog, went down lost her hind legs last winter, I worked them for two months, carrying her in and out the house everyday, eventually she was able to walk again. She doesn't go far from the porch anymore, but still kickin! The big black lab is Pepper, 100 lbs of low pitched "Woof"! She helps keep the bad guys away. Little bitty fuzzy dog that looks like me is Maxi, or known on the internets as "pygmy swamp wookie". The Black shaggy girl is Bouncin' Bonnie! Good border collie, naturally herds the beefers, will automatically go harangue the calves back into the herd. Three dog pic is left to right Jinxi, half aussie shephard, half dalmation, she takes my safety seriously, real dang serious. Then the little white girl is Annie, she's my cuttin buddy. The little skinny striped guy is Bart, unknown pedigree but best guess is some sort of terrier and whippet. He's the second fastest dog I have ever seen in person. These are all rescue dogs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150124_144546.jpg
    IMG_20150124_144546.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20150124_102203.jpg
    IMG_20150124_102203.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20150124_102040.jpg
    IMG_20150124_102040.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20150124_102122.jpg
    IMG_20150124_102122.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20150124_102033.jpg
    IMG_20150124_102033.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 82
Here's my pack. Big white lab is Luna, inherited from my late sister, retired some sort of service dog. Our oldest dog, went down lost her hind legs last winter, I worked them for two months, carrying her in and out the house everyday, eventually she was able to walk again. She doesn't go far from the porch anymore, but still kickin! The big black lab is Pepper, 100 lbs of low pitched "Woof"! She helps keep the bad guys away. Little bitty fuzzy dog that looks like me is Maxi, or known on the internets as "pygmy swamp wookie". The Black shaggy girl is Bouncin' Bonnie! Good border collie, naturally herds the beefers, will automatically go harangue the calves back into the herd. Three dog pic is left to right Jinxi, half aussie shephard, half dalmation, she takes my safety seriously, real dang serious. Then the little white girl is Annie, she's my cuttin buddy. The little skinny striped guy is Bart, unknown pedigree but best guess is some sort of terrier and whippet. He's the second fastest dog I have ever seen in person. These are all rescue dogs.
That's awesome zogger. Rescue pets bring some quirks and baggage but it sure is rewarding when they come around to you.

That's awesome zogger. Rescue pets bring some quirks and baggage but it sure is rewarding when they come around to you.

Takes time money and energy to care for them, but it is my happiest chore. I take them as they come, that's it, can't kill an abandoned dog or cat unless attacked by them. They have a home here.

I have two cat prides, they are harder than dogs to get good pictures of, but I'll try. Have the house/yard pride, then the barn pride. I like those guys a lot, too, and man are they jealous! I am their pet human it appears, or how they like to remind me, "the slow ground monkey"..

3f5bedbefa20c789c481c9c7a988ae9c.jpg

My English mastiff puppy I got a week before Christmas. Picks up and carries sticks around like he found a great prize. Might be able to get him to drag logs in when he's full grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes time money and energy to care for them, but it is my happiest chore. I take them as they come, that's it, can't kill an abandoned dog or cat unless attacked by them. They have a home here.

I have two cat prides, they are harder than dogs to get good pictures of, but I'll try. Have the house/yard pride, then the barn pride. I like those guys a lot, too, and man are they jealous! I am their pet human it appears, or how they like to remind me, "the slow ground monkey"..

Good on you, and your big heart.

Good pics Guys, gotta' put "my Girls" in here. Sisters from a shelter. Mother came to jersey from a georgia kill place. Long story mother arrives in jersey pregnant. She gives birth to three pups, my two & a black & white male that looks like a jersey cow. I saw him with my own eyes. The BESTEST B-Day present I ever got.

This thread is great love seeing all the different dogs out there. I've got 3 dogs all German themed and all Swedish saws.........maybe I need to by a Stihl :eek:o_O

Here's our Husky/German Shepherd mix named Jake that my wife rescued last year.

DDR line German shepherd name AJ the most serious, loyal, obedient and protective dog I've ever owned. Not very friendly to anyone that isn't me or my wife and a few close friends. But very caring and concerned about anything and anyone that he claims as his.

Guarding the wood pile and saws

Jesse my other German Shepherd american working line. He has about the same crazy level of energy as he did at 2 years old and he will be 8 this year. Constantly busy, barking and stealing wood off the pile. I've never seen a dog with so much drive to be doing something he can't hold still for more than a few seconds at a time. He is also the goofiest friendliest dog out there doesn't know a stranger person or animal he wants to be friends with everyone.

Well, just picked up this guy last night. I haven't had a dog in a few years and he came up and needed a place to go.
Blue Healer and Australian Sheppard mix. Kind of a goofball. So far he is good. 1 year old and house trained. Been in garage and running outside a little by himself. Kind of a tank....

20150130_185003_zps0083c401.jpg
20150129_221157_zps263ee6bf.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_3640.jpeg
Sitting on a SuperSplit tire and taking a break with Ellionna, a golden, after filling the green Posch drum in the background. I ordered two more tires so I can take more breaks.
Actually, I want to make a wagon style running gear for the SS to move it by hand easier in the garage, and pull it to the wood lot with the quad, rather than using the forklift to go that far twice a day. The fork tube mod works well, but has added considerable weigh to the table end, making it hard to move by hand. The wood lot is no longer as close to the house as it used to be either.

Back